Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently learned that Old Bridge Township Raceway Park (a/k/a, Englishtown) will be ending its drag racing activities this year.

Sadly, this famous New Jersey track has succumbed to urban development, the rising value of commercial real estate, and complaints from neighbors of expensive housing about noise and traffic.

It will be missed. So many great memories. Check out this race between Ronnie Sox and the Motown Missile.

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
I am surprised Raceway Park lasted this long. There was always rumors that it was closing for years. Now unfortunately it will happen. You are right that many of us will miss it and the fond memories. A similar situation happened to Bridgehampton Raceway.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Went there last summer for the Mopar race/show because I knew it would be the last one before it closes. Sadly, the turnout was less than what I expected, times they are a changin’.

·
Registered
870 Posts
This news has been out for a while now. My wife showed me the article from Facebook and I nearly cried. I finally have something I could’ve brought to Englishtown only to have it taken away from me. That track is legendary and will be missed. As a boy growing up in upstate NY, the winners of our ET bracket series got to go race down at Englishtown for the championship run off. I had hoped to one day be able to represent Lebanon Valley. To no avail that dream now is crushed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts