Dodge Challenger Forum banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I have to ask, what is D. I. P. S.?
So the part for the wide body is different than the regular Scat Pack? If I understand well.

Also, considering I have the Shaker package, do you think the air volume is replacing the volume the Helcat box moves? Meaning would it redundant for me to add it?
Hope my questions make sense!
Thank you.
D.I.P.S

The HC airbox and tube should be the same for any challenger 19+. No clue if it will work for a shaker, as I don't own one. I linked a video earlier in the thread with exact part numbers.

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack Shaker 6 spd manual 18 spkrs Harmon Kardon
165 Posts
D.I.P.S

The HC airbox and tube should be the same for any challenger 19+. No clue if it will work for a shaker, as I don't own one. I linked a video earlier in the thread with exact part numbers.
Thanks for the link. Looks like they are closed. Posted as sold out on everything. I like the trunk pulls!

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
The DIPS are largely useless. On top of that, I recall someone's tube cracking for an unknown reason, but they suspected the rigidity and swelling of the DIPS plastic shoved in there as a potential culprit.

Food for thought.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
The DIPS are largely useless. On top of that, I recall someone's tube cracking for an unknown reason, but they suspected the rigidity and swelling of the DIPS plastic shoved in there as a potential culprit.

Food for thought.
How are they useless? They keep stuff out. Yes, I know the bottom of the air box has a hole in it, but it's one less thing i'd need to check on.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Well, much of it is personal taste in the "how it looks" aspect. I think the DIPS grill is yugly. It is not something that I would want breaking the flow of the front grill esthetics.
The SCALA is not too bad as the grill is recessed and it can "match" the grill pattern you already have.
For me, again personally, I like the way it looks and it is only a matter when I wash the car, with a round brush spending 60 seconds to remove the few bugs which have caught a deadly ride...

·
Registered
2015 RT Shaker (STP/A8/FORGED/NAPPA/NO SUNROOF)
463 Posts
Reactions: Beemerchef

·
Registered
5,901 Posts
What do you think of these?Scala Motorsport
I do not run any screen in my intake on my 2015 R/T I did this mod to. I did remove the passenger side plug in the front and put the newer style cap on the back of the headlight (just pushes in). in the winter I remove the rear plug on the pass. side and tun the wires from my trickle charge through it.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I do not run any screen in my intake on my 2015 R/T I did this mod to. I did remove the passenger side plug in the front and put the newer style cap on the back of the headlight (just pushes in). in the winter I remove the rear plug on the pass. side and tun the wires from my trickle charge through it.
Smart! "Trickle charger"?...

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,040 Posts
Dick Trickle's car :)

A Guy

Reactions: Frank Julian

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,040 Posts
Well, he did come to a sad end...

A Guy

·
Registered
165 Posts
Pictures of the Hellcat Airbox Mod
Only after watching your complete video I realized the capacity of air coming through in the Shaker which is what I drive. Of course a Hellcat box being totally worthless and out of the question.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,040 Posts
I wouldn't say the Shaker intake is equivalent to the Hellcat mod due to the path the air takes. The Hellcat tube getting air forced into it while in motion and relatively straight shot to the air box. I'd think both would compliment each other and add to total cold air.

A Guy

Reactions: Beemerchef

·
Registered
165 Posts
I wouldn't say the Shaker intake is equivalent to the Hellcat mod due to the path the air takes. The Hellcat tube getting air forced into it while in motion and relatively straight shot to the air box. I'd think both would compliment each other and add to total cold air.

A Guy
Well "A Guy" I stand corrected and learning that I should never be so strong about my opinions especially when not founded, even more being a mechanic with a grade of "zero"... Nice video which makes much sense.

Thank you...

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
1,849 Posts
The thing is, neither is a source of "forced air" not with that big whole in the bottom of the airbox.
Also the drains on the SHAKER base would prevent any positive pressure

41 - 60 of 60 Posts