Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone,

Yesterday I was just getting off work (which is my favorite time to drive) and getting into my Challenger. I always roll the windows down, as well as the sunroof. When I proceeded to lower the sunroof, I noticed that the head panel right behind the lining of the sunroof was hanging down. I causally stuck it back where it was supposed to be, and drove home. After driving to work today, I noticed it was down again.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? I am considering something like Gorilla Glue, but am not sure if that's the best way to go... Attached, are some photos of the issue (my camera is shattered, sorry for terrible quality).

Thanks,:frown:
Brickhouse

Attachments

·
Registered
156 Posts
Mine does the exact same thing, in the exact same spot.

Haven't gotten around to doing anything about it though. I guess glue...

·
Registered
489 Posts
Welcome to the world of Chally ( ;-) ) sunroof ownership. Very common problem. Theres a TSB out for it which works for some, but it's been tried twice on mine and only lasts a couple of weeks before we are back to square 1 again. One of these days when I'm not working 6 days/week, I'm gonna head to an upholstery shop and see if they have any ideas...

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
No guys no home made fixes on this one. If you want it fixed the dealer will do it but it has to sit for 24 hrs. no moving it. What Lee955i said! There is a TSB on this. It has to be followed to the "T". IF you have a good mechanic/body guy at your dealership and he follows the directions for the fix it will be fixed forever. Your homemade fix/glue will "NOT" work don't even try it, you will be sorry.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
STAR CASE #S1123000047 Release Date 09/30/2011. As they say on the tube "Don't try this at home". You can thank me later, I like a dark lager!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yikes! I am still stuck with this issue. It has now turned to a "don't ask, don't tell" issue. I would like it fixed, yet I don't feel like leaving my car in a shop for over a day for some light upolstry issue.

UGH!

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
NOT a light job brother. To do a permanent fix this is a more complex fix. Sorry. But if it is done according to the STAR case it will be behind you forever. One less thing to worry about!

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
8,331 Posts
Oh man, now I want to check my 2015.... I hope it comes down before the warranty is up....

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Any idea how much you think a shop would charge for this? And would any Dodge dealership do the work, or should I take it to a special shop?

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,496 Posts
I fixed mine years ago. Took it in twice for the original fix which didn't help. I took a paint stir stick and cut it into 3" sections. Stacked them 3 thick if memory serves with gorilla glue until they dried. A little glue top and bottom (yes it expands so less is more), it hasn't moved since....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts