Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2011 RT Classic Bright White
30 Posts
Anyone be able to share some insight? I have a 17 Cat with a standard. On launch it falls flat for a couple seconds then takes off fine.
Go to auto store and borrow their code reader.

Could be a lot of things fuel air spark...
do you have a tune, when we’re plugs changed/checked last, done anything or changed something recently about the time it started?

Start with cheap first clean the maf sensor then go for a spin.

Clean the throttle body then go for a spin.

Check plugs etc..

Also it didn’t sound like it but make sure your vacuum lines are all connected you know the basics.

Maybe check into this

Option b pay for shop labor.

·
Registered
16,484 Posts
Need more pedal? The crazy gear ratios in that M6 not made for launching.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
4,457 Posts
Anyone be able to share some insight? I have a 17 Cat with a standard. On launch it falls flat for a couple seconds then takes off fine.
Just a few thoughts. If this is a new symptom gasoline can be a reason.

If you drive the car this way often it could be the plugs are due to be changed even if the miles are not quite enough to warrant this if going by the factory change schedule.

Last but not least my 2018 Hellcat (A8) was a bit flat on take off and under moderate acceleration while under way. Gasoline not a factor.

A few weeks ago decided to get the oil/filter service done and while I had the car in get the engine air filter and cabin air filter changed.

SA brought both out to me and both were clearly filthy and past due to be changed. And they were past due. For some reason I had driven the car for 27K miles on the same filters. My defense is previous cars were just fine with even more miles but the Turbo had a huge engine air filter for its 3.6l engine. Other cars of course had a much smaller engine than the Hellcat engine hence required less air and less air means less work the filter has to do.

(As an aside I let the engine air filter go too long with my Boxster -- just lost track of time and miles -- and when I did replace it the filter was loaded with dirt. After a new filter the engine ran much better.0

At any rate with a new engine air filler the Hellcat engine throttle response was noticeably better and the mild hesitation when trying to accelerate was gone. Really the new engine air filter made a big difference.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts