Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that the A/C season is officially upon me I can't help but notice how loud the electric fan is. Is this just me or other Challengers too? It almost as much racket as my Nova's fixed circle track fan.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Mine sounds no louder that any of my other cars.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have noticed mine seems loud too

·
Premium Member
728 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
It normally caught me off guard when I pulled up next to a large surface or sitting in a tunnel. Just a bit louder then most of my other cars... But then again it's hard to compare my last g37s V6 to a 6.1.

·
Registered
30 Posts
* Check your fan !!!!!! *
I had the same problem last year and there are 2 plastic strips that seal the condenser to the radiator and if they get loose they end up at the bottom of the fan shroud rubbing the fan...

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had the same problem. The plastic baffles that help direct the air through the condenser cores have been known to fall down to the bottom of the fan shroud and when they come in contact with the fan blade during the cooling cycle, they can cause quite a noise.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I had the same problem. The plastic baffles that help direct the air through the condenser cores have been known to fall down to the bottom of the fan shroud and when they come in contact with the fan blade during the cooling cycle, they can cause quite a noise.
YES.

Check these baffles...

Mine broke off. I went to the local Lowes and got myself a plumbers retrieval tool. This is basically a mechanical claw that opens and closes using a button on one end. It is quite flexible and its relatively small so its easy to maneuver in the engine bay. Plumbers use this to pull up their underwear, thus eliminating the infamous "plumbers crack". Can be had for less than $20.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts