Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Since it looks like it is going to be a while before we can adjust the fan temps with a predator, does anyone know how to jump the fan relays in the 392 to help with heat soak. I am seeing temps of 215 degrees even with my 180 degree thermostat installed. The fuse box appears to be much different than the 6.1 hemi and the relays are in different locations in the fuse box. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Gary

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Can you post a pic of your TIPM? I know they changed it once from '09+ but I don't know what the new one looks like.

Tom

Hi Guys,

Since it looks like it is going to be a while before we can adjust the fan temps with a predator, does anyone know how to jump the fan relays in the 392 to help with heat soak. I am seeing temps of 215 degrees even with my 180 degree thermostat installed. The fuse box appears to be much different than the 6.1 hemi and the relays are in different locations in the fuse box. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Gary

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you post a pic of your TIPM? I know they changed it once from '09+ but I don't know what the new one looks like.

Tom
I am guessing that by TIPM you want a picture of the fuse box in the engine bay. Here is the picture, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Vehicle Automotive exterior Auto part Car Technology .

Thanks,

Gary

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That worked perfect, I ended up jumping the high speed fan. I was able to get me temp down in the 180 range and made an 11.9 pass last night. You rock!

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
That worked perfect, I ended up jumping the high speed fan. I was able to get me temp down in the 180 range and made an 11.9 pass last night. You rock!
Nice time...I see n20 in your sig was the 11.9 na or with the small shot

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Congrats on the 11s!

Planning on moving up to 100 shot anytime soon?
Since Diablo hasn't cracked the code for the 392 yet and it looks like it is going to be a while before they do I am thinking that I might be ok running race fuel with a 100 shot on the stock tune without pulling timing. What do you think?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice time...I see n20 in your sig was the 11.9 na or with the small shot
Yes, that was with what came out to be a 70 shot on the dyno with five gallons of C12 mixed with a 1/4 tank of premium and 400ft. DA.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
In theory increasing the shot size shouldn't affect KR since you're adding additional fuel with the increased additional nitrous.

Though you're right, without the cracked PCM you can't even monitor the KR on the car.

Are you using a window switch in your nitrous setup? If you start spraying slightly later in the RPM range there's a smaller chance of nitrous burp and since during a drag race you're mostly staying in the 4000-6000 range throughout shifts a higher shot will give you more oomph on the upper end.

Ideally you'd want a progressive shot that increases with time/rpm but that's getting expensive :)

Tom

Since Diablo hasn't cracked the code for the 392 yet and it looks like it is going to be a while before they do I am thinking that I might be ok running race fuel with a 100 shot on the stock tune without pulling timing. What do you think?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts