Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! Just installed a 93 tune and a 180 stat. My question is, Are the fan settings already lowered in that tune, or do I have to lower my self. If I do what are the settings? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger Hellcat
364 Posts
You will need to lower them yourself. Most guys and the general rule of thumb is set all settings at 20 degrees lower than the factory settings.
I didn`t want my fans to run too often and living in Mn. is not like Florida so I set mine at 10-15 degrees cooler than the factory settings..........
Hope that helps.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger Hellcat
364 Posts
LOL - that`s the exact same settings I have mine at. Car has been running around 200-205 degrees and that is my target so I have left them at those settings.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will try those and tweak as needed. Just came back from a nice (aggressive) drive and the temp gauge seem to hang at the first increment. Heard the fans kick when I was at a long light.

·
Registered
‘13 Challenger SRT 6M
2,817 Posts
Reactions: wasp392

·
Registered
http://www.dragtimes
1,899 Posts
180* T-stat= all fan settings 20* lower than stock.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
You don't need to change the AC on fan settings or the High MPH fan setting (airflow will cool instead of the fans). Only Low MPH LS & HS fans need to be set 20 degrees less than stock.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Thanks everyone!! Putting on my ZOOOOmers tonight!!
Slightly off topic, but, could you please do a review of the Zoomers and post it (perhaps with video)?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Zoomer's install was a breeze! Quality parts for sure. I dilited some dishwashing liquid to lube up the hangers on the OEM and the new hangers which really helped them move. They sound great. I have a 6-speed, didnt notice any drone, driving normal, the interior noise was elevated but not un bearable. The only thing is the drivers side tip sticks out about 3/4" further than passenger side. Have to trim the coupling which should be an easy fix.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts