Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put in a 180º thermastat in my 2010 rt classic. I have a predator and want to know what i need to do to change my fan settings. I know that i go to modify tune but then what do i do from there?

Thanks in advance!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
389 Posts
I used the following:

1) Cooling fans AC off
High MPH HS fan on 199.39
High MPH LS fan on 190.39
High MPH MS fan on 199.39
Low MPH HS fan on 199.39
Low MPH LS fan on 190.39
Low MPH MS fan on 199.39
2) Cooling fans AC on
HS fan on 199.39
LS fan on 190.39
MS fan on 199.39

Its a little conservative, so you can go a few degrees lower if you like. I've no issues with these settings - several posts recommend them.

After you get to modify tune, you should see somewhere on the menu ADJUST FAN SETTINGS. Click on that, then go through each of the settings above. You'll need to do the AC OFF set first, exit back to FAN SETTINGS, then do the AC ON group. Once you get to each individual setting (you have to do these one at a time), there is a horizontal bar with numbers on each end at the bottom of the screen. Use the directional buttons to raise or lower the temp setting for the fans. Once you get your desired setting, hit the center button. You should see the setting change from the stock temp to an * that means you've changed the setting. After going through each one in both sets, the Predator will ask if you want to update the tune. Select OK. It will install the modified tune with your new fan settings. When its all done, go back and check the fan settings to make sure they are what you modified - mine did it the first time, but some say they've had to do it twice. You'll notice the new settings are within a degree or less of what you inputted - DS says its something with the software - they are very close, but not exactly what you put in during the change, so don't be surprised by that; any difference is negilable. Now, fire up your car, let it idle for about 3 minutes or so, then go for a drive and notice its running cooler! One small note - with the 180 you need to let the car warm up a bit in cooler weather. About 3 - 5 minutes or so. If not, you may get a CEL (code) - no harm, just means the computer thinks your engine hasn't reached operating temp within a certain time period (I've only had this happen once and that was when I drove off immediately after a cold start in pretty chilly weather - I've never had a code if I let it warm up a few minutes first).

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks A TON!!!:bigthumb:

·
Registered
92 Posts
I used the following:

1) Cooling fans AC off
High MPH HS fan on 199.39
High MPH LS fan on 190.39
High MPH MS fan on 199.39
Low MPH HS fan on 199.39
Low MPH LS fan on 190.39
Low MPH MS fan on 199.39
2) Cooling fans AC on
HS fan on 199.39
LS fan on 190.39
MS fan on 199.39

Its a little conservative, so you can go a few degrees lower if you like. I've no issues with these settings - several posts recommend them.

After you get to modify tune, you should see somewhere on the menu ADJUST FAN SETTINGS. Click on that, then go through each of the settings above. You'll need to do the AC OFF set first, exit back to FAN SETTINGS, then do the AC ON group. Once you get to each individual setting (you have to do these one at a time), there is a horizontal bar with numbers on each end at the bottom of the screen. Use the directional buttons to raise or lower the temp setting for the fans. Once you get your desired setting, hit the center button. You should see the setting change from the stock temp to an * that means you've changed the setting. After going through each one in both sets, the Predator will ask if you want to update the tune. Select OK. It will install the modified tune with your new fan settings. When its all done, go back and check the fan settings to make sure they are what you modified - mine did it the first time, but some say they've had to do it twice. You'll notice the new settings are within a degree or less of what you inputted - DS says its something with the software - they are very close, but not exactly what you put in during the change, so don't be surprised by that; any difference is negilable. Now, fire up your car, let it idle for about 3 minutes or so, then go for a drive and notice its running cooler! One small note - with the 180 you need to let the car warm up a bit in cooler weather. About 3 - 5 minutes or so. If not, you may get a CEL (code) - no harm, just means the computer thinks your engine hasn't reached operating temp within a certain time period (I've only had this happen once and that was when I drove off immediately after a cold start in pretty chilly weather - I've never had a code if I let it warm up a few minutes first).
I used those same settings, and so far my srt has been running at about 185 to 190 degrees. Feels much stronger from a dead stop. It has to be from not heat soaking as bad as it used to.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I used those same settings, and so far my srt has been running at about 185 to 190 degrees. Feels much stronger from a dead stop. It has to be from not heat soaking as bad as it used to.
Same here - that's about the average temp I run now. Seems to respond better like you said, especially off the line. The hottest I've ever seen on the EVIC since installing the 180 is 210 degrees, and that's only in heavy traffic.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I'm using those same settings and works like a champ! Reckon I will need to bump those up higher once the Texas summer temps hit?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts