Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 RT. My fan speed controls only work when it is in the high position, if in the low position it barely blows at all. Also the recirculate button lights up but does not kick into recirculating mode. Anyone else have this problem and have a solution, thanks.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2008 - 2010 Challengers did not come with one, after 2010 they did. I would have to buy a kit for a Charger and install it myself in order to have one.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for trying, I do appreciate it. Dumb thing just does not work like it use to, still blows ice cold air but it's either full blast or not much at all. I start to sweat or my wife and kids freeze.

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts
On other models this problem is normally caused by a faulty blower motor resistor, however I am relatively new to the Mopar world so I cant be sure if Dodge uses these or not.

EDIT: Confirmed with Rock Auto that these cars do use a blower motor resistor, its just under $14 through them.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Im with ya GeryT,,28 years with Mercedes ,,Dodge is new to me too,,,Reading the manual it says recirculation is allowed in floor mode..weird ,,Have you tried other modes ???You mite call dodge parts and ask them if they have a resistor block for you car,,Looking at other dodge cars and trucks it seems to be the problem ,,,

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts
They are normally located in the blower motor housing, on my GXP it was just a matter of removing the under dash panel on the passenger side and knocking out the 2 plastic rivets that held it to the housing.

·
Registered
113 Posts
BEFORE you start pulling parts, you need to reset your computer. In the fuse box in your trunk, there is a "transport" fuse that you need to pull for 30 seconds or so. You cant remove the fuse as it has a holder over it. Just lift it, and then reinstall. See pic for location.

I had this happen to me 2 years ago, and then hasnt happened since. Give it a try...

Attachments

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Great info guys. Tried the transport fuse and fan controls still not working properly. Watched the video, seems simple enough just still unsure of where the part is I need to replace. I know the part number just unsure of where it is, is it on the blower motor itself?

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Actually the one youtube video linked me to a few others and it looks pretty straight forward. Now just need to get the part. Of course everywhere I check the shipping is more than the part itself. Thanks guys for all the help.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So I purchased a new motor blower resistor from Steve white. Great price and fast shipping, $22 total, NAPA wanted $60. Unfortunately it did not fix the issue. Install is easy, remove your glove compartment door and look back to the left of the blower motor and you can see where the resistor is housed. Disconnect the plug and use a Torx screw driver to undo the two screws, replace and done. For me though the fan controller still only works on high, the recirculate still lights up but does not cause it to recirculate. My next try is to remove the radio bezel and clean off the connector contacts. If that does not work maybe buy a new ac heater fan control which includes all three of the large knobs. The part number is 55111952AC. A new one runs around $80 and used around $40. Only concern is will a used one need to be reflashed with my car cause it is seeing a new VIN number. Anyone know that answer and the cost of that? Hopefully I can fix this myself, I am sure the dealership would have sunk me for a few hundred.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts