Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
No, I am not buying a Mustang, don't worry! I have accepted a new job where I am provided a car. A Jeep and Charger are a couple of the choices, so I will still be a Mopar guy. As a result, I will be selling my Challenger off soon. Though I could keep it, it would sit around 90% of the time since my wife cannot drive it (6 speed), and the vast majority of driving I do is work related anyway. I only put a total of 7500 miles on my Challenger per year daily driving it. Plus, I cannot see making a car payment on a car I will hardly use that will just depreciate sitting there. I suppose if were a SRT-8 or something more of a toy, I would think about keeping it. On the bright side, I will be back in a couple of years though. My new job pays substantially more over time, and I think a Hellcat could be in our future. I will pop in from time to time but won't be as active as I have been. It has been a pleasure to be a part of this forum for the last few years.

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Congratulations on the new job! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
Congratz on the new job!! Sorry that you are going to let your Challenger go.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Yes, I am stoked about it. If this car were an auto and a SRT-8, I'd probably keep it. I traded my 2010 SRT-8 for this R/T Classic because I wanted a daily driver, which the latter fit the bill better. Plus, the improvements after 2011 did not make me miss the SRT-8 much. I suppose I "could" look for a 2008-2010 SRT automatic. The reason I say auto is because it would strictly be a weekend car for us, which really I could get by with my wife's Jeep, since we will be home on weekends together now. Therefore, I really don't even need a 3rd car. I suppose I could justify maybe a 2008 First Edition as a toy. It would fulfill my Challenger void, be automatic so wife could drive, give me an excuse to wear my SRT jacket I have, and they seem to be holding their values fairly well. I like Hemi Orange. She likes Black. I may just go Challengerless for a couple of years and go big and get the Hellcat, though 75K for a car is lot in my eyes. My wife's Jeep Grand Cherokee is paid off next year, so we would be able to do it. We'll see. I have about 6 weeks before I start the new gig.

·
Premium Member
9,658 Posts
Best wishes on the new job. Don't part with it until you're flat out sure the new job is for you. I know more than a few who did this and then didn't like their new emplopyment and had to go buy a new car not long after.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
You could park it in your living room.... J/K.. hahaha

Save some cash for a Hellcat!

Make them give you an R/T Charger!.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Best wishes on the new job. Don't part with it until you're flat out sure the new job is for you. I know more than a few who did this and then didn't like their new emplopyment and had to go buy a new car not long after.
This is my dream job that I've been waiting for since I started in my current career field six years ago.

·
Premium Member
9,658 Posts
That's awesome!
Hope it's even better than you anticipated. Everyone reading your statement should be as fortunate.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I always liked your handle. My last car was a Stealth and of course this one is a Challenger. :D

Best of luck with the new job!

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
A new job is always good cause for celebration.

Congratulations!

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Congrats on the new job and hope to see you in a Hellcat soon!

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Congrats on the move up! Don't worry, these cars are meant for us older retired types anyway. (Just kidding) see you back some day.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
This is my dream job that I've been waiting for since I started in my current career field six years ago.
Ehem...had this been your dream job, your employer would have thrown in a 6-speed Challenger 392 for you and a Charger for your wife...just saying... ;)

All kidding aside, good luck and ENJOY!

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Well, I have decided to keep it after all! I like it too much to get rid of it when I don't have to. I was just choosing to in order to be more practical since I get a work car now. I guess that means no more winter driving and even lower miles per year. Anyone want some Cragar S/S with snow tires? LOL

The grape and I will be in an undisclosed location for about 7 months of training. I may not be able to post as much, but I will still be around and more importantly still have the car. I knew I'd miss it too much as well as all of you!

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
'atta boy! And, congrats on the new job! In the end, cars come and go though, if you decide to sell it later, so be it. You'll just get another later :)

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
'atta boy! And, congrats on the new job! In the end, cars come and go though, if you decide to sell it later, so be it. You'll just get another later :)
LOL You know. I am like a ping pong ball with Challengers. First R/T then SRT then R/T and eventually back to SRT but next time with auto and at least the updated 392! Only if they have Plum Crazy or B5 Blue though.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Well, I have decided to keep it after all! I like it too much to get rid of it when I don't have to. I was just choosing to in order to be more practical since I get a work car now. I guess that means no more winter driving and even lower miles per year. Anyone want some Cragar S/S with snow tires? LOL

The grape and I will be in an undisclosed location for about 7 months of training. I may not be able to post as much, but I will still be around and more importantly still have the car. I knew I'd miss it too much as well as all of you!

Hey Stealth, just saw your post about your new job and selling the Challenger, then saw you are keeping it....that's very cool. Hope the new job works out and hopefully you will still be around here local!

Good Luck

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
congrats on the new job!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts