Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2014 Chevrolet SS sedan will be a very fast ride.

It has the Corvette 6.2-liter, 415 hp/415 lb-ft.LS3 engine. It has a 6-speed paddle shift automatic, a Brembo brake system, forged aluminum wheels, and 19 inch Bridgestone Z-rated tires.

For all this you get a car that will go 0-60 mph in 4.9 seconds, do the quarter in 13.3 seconds @107.6mph, stop from 60-0 mph in 107 ft., has a lateral acceleration of 0.96g., and mileage of 14/21mpg.

The cost? $46,670. Looks like they copied the SRT.

Attachments

·
Banned
756 Posts
impala

I agree the impala ss will be something to reckon with. I'm not how much these will cost in canada but I will certainly be looking at one in the toronto auto show.

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
It does not compete with

the Challenger. It's competition is the SRT Charger.

·
Registered
329 Posts
the Challenger. It's competition is the SRT Charger.
Yep..exactly, it is going after a very different market. If you want a good laugh Google the motor trend? SS vs Charger review. The comments about the scoring is entertaining.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Looks like any other car. Great stuff under the hood though. Mmmm tasty!!! :browsmiley:

·
Registered
‘13 Challenger SRT 6M
2,817 Posts

It has the Corvette 6.2-liter, 415 hp/415 lb-ft.LS3 engine. It has a 6-speed paddle shift automatic, a Brembo brake system, forged aluminum wheels, and 19 inch Bridgestone Z-rated tires.

For all this you get a car that will go 0-60 mph in 4.9 seconds, do the quarter in 13.3 seconds @107.6mph, stop from 60-0 mph in 107 ft., has a lateral acceleration of 0.96g., and mileage of 14/21mpg.

No rear Brembos

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
Sounds like they re-invented the G8, and now that it's 2014 it seems to be a large step behind in performance compared to what is already on the market.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
dealer ship in town got 2 in red and black

·
Registered
2012 challenger srt
1,951 Posts

The SS was made to compete with the SRT. The 392 runs from 12.3 to 12.6 in the 1/4 mile way faster than the SS. The 2012 and newer SRTs have a 3 mode magnetic damping suspension the SS does not. The heaver Challenger gets better mileage than the SS. I just pulled .99 gs to the SS's 96g. The only ones who think this car is so great are the Dodge hating magazines. The 5.7 runs better times than the SS. My 0-60 times 4.5 when the car had less than 1,000 miles on it. Motor Trend mag had the Charger SRT-8 at 106 feet for the 60-0 test. I hope they sell a lot of them and the owners bring them to the track. I am going to love shutting these braggarts down.

·
Registered
477 Posts
The 2013 SRT-8 Charger beat the SS on every performance metric except slalom g rating. When the 8-spd auto becomes available in all SRT-8s and R/Ts later this year it won't even be close. The SS is fugly too.

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Sounds like they re-invented the G8, and now that it's 2014 it seems to be a large step behind in performance compared to what is already on the market.
The G8 was a much better looking car, but the SS is also being built by Holden which makes it the best GM product quality-wise. Very nice sedan, but that front grill sucks a big one...

·
Premium Member
9,360 Posts
2 doors too many. Since when is a four door sedan cool?
Might as well bring back the Chevelle SS and add two doors. I still don't and NEVER will "get" the Charger SRT fascination.

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,918 Posts
yep that's it in a nut shell and not even being built in the USA it's imported, also looks like a cross between the Malibu and Impala. Rumor has it that this is only going to be a 1 year car, yes I have driven one and it runs fine, handles okay but just didn't do it for me...

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
yep that's it in a nut shell and not even being built in the USA it's imported, also looks like a cross between the Malibu and Impala. Rumor has it that this is only going to be a 1 year car, yes I have driven one and it runs fine, handles okay but just didn't do it for me...
Jeff... I thought I read somewhere that production of them will switch to the US soon since Holden is going to stop producing cars in Australia....

First thing I thought of when I saw pics of these was a reincarnation of the Pontiac G8.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts