Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Challenger RT. I’m wanting to make it faster without spending a lot and I just want to make it look nicer. What can I do that would not be expensive and would make it look cooler?

·
Registered
79 Posts
intake, headers, exhaust, injectors, cam like mentioned above. Depends how much you want and spend.
Personally im gonna start with headers and exhaust and pulleys, but i want to keep it on 93

·
Premium Member
10,176 Posts
Making it look nicer you can add American Brothers dress up items and lower it.

For performance mods you will likely need a PCM since yours is locked and a tuner which is around $1000 for both.

- Alexis

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Expense is subjective, how fast do you want to go and how much are you willing to spend?
Example: I am saving up 7k to get a cam swap and tune. For some on here they can pull 7k out of their wallet at any time.
I actually do not have anywhere close to 7k. I want to start somewhere small. Making small HP increase as of rn

·
Registered
Boosted Stroked 2014 Shaker M6
2,345 Posts
Everyone knows that automotive decals are worth 5 hp each, which achieves both of your goals. Take your pick...
50Pcs Lot Racing Stickers Decals Motocross Motorcycles Car Vintage Decal Sticker | eBay

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,798 Posts
I actually do not have anywhere close to 7k. I want to start somewhere small. Making small HP increase as of rn
Nos would be the best bang for your buck but you need to get the PCM unlocked which is $250 alone. Then you need a tuner and tune which will get you in the ~$1000 right off the bat. You can do headers but they are ~$1200 and that does not include install or tune but will net you close to 25-30HP. If you do a search you will see the cost per HP can range from $60-$80 per HP and can be more if you have a shop do the work. Not inexpensive to get power out of these engines.

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
I wish I would have went with everyone else's recommendation and get an unlocked PCM and a Tuner, either HP Tuners or Diablo. Save for it if you can not do it right away. It will improve everything you do after that.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Yea, hard to say what you can do without an idea of what you're willing to spend. It really all comes down to that.

I do all my work myself, so I save a ton of money on labor, but I had a budget combo put together that would be about $2000 in parts and gain me 60+ hp.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,798 Posts
Lots of folks have done budget a 6.4 cam swap but it will still run you ~$1000 to get the PCM unlocked and tuned (dyno tunes alone will run $800 to $1200 depending on where you live). The cam itself is ~$220 and upgraded valve springs about $90. Just doing the swap will give you a noticeable bump in power. But next thing you know you want headers, intake, forced induction...ect and then you realize...woah I need bigger brakes now.

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Plus - Billet Clearcoat
179 Posts
Even a small HP increase will cost $250 for an air intake. Is that the type of cheap you looking for or cheaper?
Looks are subjective. I'm not into lowering my cars like some are but there are other things depending on what you like. Decal stripes, badges. What's your car look like?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts