Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I just ran a 5.64 in my 2013 challenger, still naturally aspirated, just seeing how this compares to others.

I did run a 5.50 on a slight down hill- but that don't count. I also spun real bad once and my "best" reads 2.30 seconds on the dash.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Out playing with the Intune and WOT spark adding a little more timing right now to try and fine tune the 91 can tune a little.

I ran a 5.60 in 63 degree air

timing was bumped 5 degrees from 1-3.8k and 3 degrees in the other two rpm ranges.

got just a tad ( 2 degrees) of retard at the recovery shift point around 4300 rpms
other then that pretty clean runs, car feels stronger.

ran the car probably about 30 times in simulated 1/4 mile runs to see what the short term knock does had timing as high as 5 more degrees across the board on the tuner.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Playing with timing, pulled off a 5.57 0-60 mph run with some wheel spin, more then usual, was able to repeat several 5.60 runs.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
added a heavily ported lower intake manifold and my own custom TB and I just cut a 5.49 0-60 run in 61 degree air.

The ported lower intake did kill some low end torque, so it helped with traction I was able to launch from 2,000 rpms against the brake with minimal tire slippage.

Next step is to get a custom tune.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

This is my best time k&n drop in, flow masters FX, mid muffler reso delete custom tune

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old thread for sure, I got mine down to 5.0 naturally aspirated and then 4.0 with a supercharger.
I stopped after that and sold the car for a 15 SRT392 and the best 0-60 so far in the 392 is 4.3
with many of the runs between 4.3 to 4.8, SRT is so hard to hook. The V6 was just smash and go.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
What else did you do to the v6 NA wise I’m trying to get lower before I throw the sc on lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
3.64 gears did a lot of good, adding 2 3/4" pipe off the cats to the 2 3/4" corsa extreme catback help with top end
power, raising shift points to 7k, elimination of the torque management, adding 220 treadwear rating tires help with
the smash and go. ( drag radials once supercharged to get smash and go hooking traction), ported intake manifold,
ported throttle body, custom cai intake drawing air from fender/front bumper area, messing with the tune- I just had
a 93 can tune and ran 91 octane fuel- played with timing and fuels. There might be other things but nothing special,
pretty much just tinkered my way there. doing things others say don't work, well they was ALL wrong. Got the car to 13.9 at over 100 mph in the 1/4 when I stopped and that wasn't even a hero run, that was like 2800 ft DA so just a normal day at the track, maybe a special day at the track with good weather might have been mid 13's like a 13.6 or so at 102 mph if I would have held out for that good DA

·
Registered
433 Posts
Did 5.66 with 91 tune, AFE CAI, straight through exhaust from after cats, ported Lower intake, think I can do better, just did one run. Will do a couple next time.

I'll be doing a 91 custom tune soon with HemiFever and ported throttle body coming soon too. New record is with 20" wheels.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Custom 91 tune done, ported Lower intake added too, best is 5.34 now

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Man this makes me yearn for summer. I got my SXT a month ago and it's been too darn cold around me. The car's recorded best time is 6.1 from the previous owner and I need to get it down to 6.0 of course. No mods I'm aware of.

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
Man this makes me yearn for summer. I got my SXT a month ago and it's been too darn cold around me. The car's recorded best time is 6.1 from the previous owner and I need to get it down to 6.0 of course. No mods I'm aware of.
You will get a better time in cold weather than when it's hot and humid. Just make sure the car is warmed up before you make an attempt.

I have only made 2 attempts, but 6.1 is my best also. This was in warmer weather, so I'm hoping the car can do better...

·
Registered
21 Posts
You will get a better time in cold weather than when it's hot and humid. Just make sure the car is warmed up before you make an attempt.

I have only made 2 attempts, but 6.1 is my best also. This was in warmer weather, so I'm hoping the car can do better...

You don't get better traction when the ground is hot? Either way there is too much snow near me to tempt 0-60 in under 10 seconds.

·
Super Moderator
12,563 Posts
I've never had any traction issues unless power braking. Cold air is the key, traction generally not as much of an issue. A Guy

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
7 Participants
A Guy
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing