Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard awesome things about the Fastman tuner - best bang for the buck.
anyone have any track times on performance increase?

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I wouldnt say best bang for the buck. That goes to the InTune/Trinity (if you have an auto).

Its been shown on a few dyno tests that the HP gain is minimal for TB's. This is more of a driveability mod as it reduces input lag.

The stock TB will flow more than enough for your bolt on's. If your noticing the throttle lag then it will help but out of all the mods I have the Trinity canned tune made the most difference.

·
Registered
721 Posts
A FastMan TB or any after market TB for that matter will not gain any appreciable amount of HP. At best it is a supporting mod.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I have the Fastman 84mm Oversized TB on my 392, and although I don't have dyno results to share, I can tell you that it woke my car up a nice bit, especially in the area of throttle lag. The response from the go-pedal is much more immediate now. Combined with a CAI of your choice, the Fastman 84mm presents a nice little upgrade. Have to agree with the others though that the BHP increase for the TB alone is probably pretty minimal. I'm guessing around +5 bhp?

Cheers,

Rob

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Performance question

I wouldnt say best bang for the buck. That goes to the InTune/Trinity (if you have an auto).

Its been shown on a few dyno tests that the HP gain is minimal for TB's. This is more of a driveability mod as it reduces input lag.

The stock TB will flow more than enough for your bolt on's. If your noticing the throttle lag then it will help but out of all the mods I have the Trinity canned tune made the most difference.
Have you timed your SRT out of curiosity?

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Have you timed your SRT out of curiosity?
No SRT here, only an RT but I have read about both. I do 0-60 AVERAGES after every mod and it didnt change at all after the TB.

With the mods listed I went from a 5.7 average, to a 5.1 average with a 5.07 best.

2013 RT STP
Zoomers Catback
LMI True CAI
Fastman TB
DS Trinity

Thought I would copy paste as I am about to add ARH long tubes and custom tune.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts