Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered the standard mod from Fastman for my 2017 Challenger RT 5.7. I was just wondering if I had to tune it in order for it to run proper? It’s under warranty still so I haven’t messed with the PCM yet. But I heard some stories if I don’t tune it it’ll make my car feel sluggish is this true?

·
Registered
611 Posts
I just ordered the standard mod from Fastman for my 2017 Challenger RT 5.7. I was just wondering if I had to tune it in order for it to run proper? It’s under warranty still so I haven’t messed with the PCM yet. But I heard some stories if I don’t tune it it’ll make my car feel sluggish is this true?

Always seek to get a tune when adding things that alter air fuel trims but realistically you don’t need to for this.
I put a fastman 88mm on and didn’t tune it for months. No ill effects and no sluggishness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
I had FM mod my throttle body. I drove the car for about four months until I got the dyno tune done. I noticed no change in performance before the tune. FM is a great guy to work with and turn around time was good and exactly what he told me the time frame would be.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Fastman modified my stock TB from 80 to 84mm. Very nice work and delivered as we agreed. The gains from a TB mod are small and won't be felt unless there is a sophisticated method to measure before and after. It's one of those every little bit helps mods.

When asked about tuning for the TB my tuner said "your tune is good for a TB mod". My question is why would recontouring and increasing TB throat required a retune? Since the engine is NA it's only going to flow what it's size and rpm require. I don't understand what tables would need to be modified for a slightly quicker transition of airflow or a slightly increased maximum airflow. Granted my tuning knowledge is minimal but I'm hoping some of the guys with greater tuning knowledge can provide some useful information.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
Rob446
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing