Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finished mounting up the Race Stars on my B5 SPS, 17x9.5, 17x4.5. Rear tires are MT ET Street SS in 305 45 17 and fronts are MT Sportsman SR 28x6-17. Car rides great, no issues and most importantly it hooks! The center caps were modified to accept the factory Dodge cap.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
Looks awesome!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Forgive me, but I'm pretty ignorant about various tires and whatnot, but are these just for racing or do you DD w/ this setup?
These tires are DOT legal and can be driven on the road with no problem. Although the front wheels are considered a track only wheel, but I drive mine on the road. Just be careful braking, around corners and pot holes. My car is not a DD and mostly use it on weekends.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Agreed!! That's the look I was after

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
Forgot to ask....this all with the stock brake components in place?

Just bolt on, no spacers or anything?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Forgot to ask....this all with the stock brake components in place?

Just bolt on, no spacers or anything?
Just bolt on.. no mods to the car at all. Only thing needed is the mounting kit which consists of lug nuts and the hub rings.

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
Looks good. I am looking for some "pizza cutters" to compliment the 315/35 R20s on the rear of mine. I am currently with 245/45 R20. Can't find anything in 185/60 R20 though....

·
Premium Member
2016 Scat Pack
882 Posts
That's a really awesome look! I'd love to have that setup on mine for the looks. But, I wouldn't do it since it's never going to see a drag strip. In other words, I wouldn't do it just to use as a DD. I'm never at a place where a lot of people would be ooooing and ahhhing over it, like at a car show or something. For my own tastes, it would also have to lope and sound like it had 1,000 HP!

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
That's a really awesome look! I'd love to have that setup on mine for the looks. But, I wouldn't do it since it's never going to see a drag strip. In other words, I wouldn't do it just to use as a DD. I'm never at a place where a lot of people would be ooooing and ahhhing over it, like at a car show or something. For my own tastes, it would also have to lope and sound like it had 1,000 HP!
I don't go to shows much either, but the pro street look would make me oooooo and aaahhhhh over it, and that is all that matters......

1 - 20 of 52 Posts