Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Fat n skinnies are on!

10K views 51 replies 23 participants last post by  hemi leadsled 
#1 · (Edited)
Finished mounting up the Race Stars on my B5 SPS, 17x9.5, 17x4.5. Rear tires are MT ET Street SS in 305 45 17 and fronts are MT Sportsman SR 28x6-17. Car rides great, no issues and most importantly it hooks! The center caps were modified to accept the factory Dodge cap.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
These tires are DOT legal and can be driven on the road with no problem. Although the front wheels are considered a track only wheel, but I drive mine on the road. Just be careful braking, around corners and pot holes. My car is not a DD and mostly use it on weekends.

#19 ·
That's a really awesome look! I'd love to have that setup on mine for the looks. But, I wouldn't do it since it's never going to see a drag strip. In other words, I wouldn't do it just to use as a DD. I'm never at a place where a lot of people would be ooooing and ahhhing over it, like at a car show or something. For my own tastes, it would also have to lope and sound like it had 1,000 HP!

#27 ·
I kinda wish I hadn't seen this. I'm so tempted and I really don't need to spend the money on it.
Been talking to my brother, who also has a SP (with supercharger) and he's also thinking about it.
I just think that is one awesome looking setup!

#32 ·
^ I was able to do the whole setup for $1700. Got the rims for $796 shipped to my door including lugs and hub centric rings 40% off last Black Friday. The front M&H's were $350 and the rear M/T's were $550. I think the website I got the rims from has them 20% off right now.

This setup is 80lbs lighter than stock and is good for about .1-.15 off your ET as well.

#48 ·
This setup is 80lbs lighter than stock and is good for about .1-.15 off your ET as well.
That's what I'm talking about. I've got to replace my drive shaft and rear axles first though...

#41 ·
Looks great! I was going to ask you what you thought of the front runners as daily driving because I was considering it but I think I will just go with a 17x7 and a 225 tire.

Too many winding and dirt roads here in AZ!

#43 ·
Looks Awesome.

Did you apply the white letters yourself and if so, were they from Tire Stickers or Tredwear?

#47 ·
OP, i'm new to the site, just picked a 2015 scatpack last week, and your setup is exactly what i was looking for to add to the car :) If i wanted to get the same wheels, do i need to order them with a special backspace ?
Or just ask for Race Starts 17x9.5, 17x4.5 with 5x115 bolt pattern, or better yet, do you have part# for the front/rear wheels ?

And to be clear of exactly what i need asides from the wheels/tires, you also mentioned buying a mounting kit which consists of lug nuts and the hub rings, is there a part# for those ?

Thanks a lot

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.