Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
You obviously track your car so I strongly recommend educating yourself about using the right size tires to wheels. I have no idea what you tried to accomplish with the video.
Going with that wide of tires on a 9" wheels does not accomplish anything other than wasting your money and putting your life at risk.
By the way, I also ran 5 sets of NT05s and never got more than 4 track days out of them. Usually after the 4th event those tires become like hockey pucks.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,664 Posts
295/35 advised wheel width is 10"-11.5", 285/35 9.5"-11"

A Guy

·
Registered
"ARTIE" is a Black 2016 R/T+ with Super Track Pack, 6 speed, Ruby Red Interior
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for your concerns guys, I'm well aware of this information. This time around I'm looking to get my desired "bulge" stance, these will be for daily driving.

·
Premium Member
9,671 Posts
You obviously track your car so I strongly recommend educating yourself about using the right size tires to wheels. I have no idea what you tried to accomplish with the video.
Going with that wide of tires on a 9" wheels does not accomplish anything other than wasting your money and putting your life at risk.
By the way, I also ran 5 sets of NT05s and never got more than 4 track days out of them. Usually after the 4th event those tires become like hockey pucks.
So what is the largest tire I can fit on my 20x9 rims and be perfectly contacting the pavement? I like my stock wheels.

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
So what is the largest tire I can fit on my 20x9 rims and be perfectly contacting the pavement? I like my stock wheels.

Perfectly? lol:)
I'd say somewhere between 255 and 275. Even 275 is pushing it. Also depends on the tire manufacturer, rubber material, and etc
It's like freaking since. After doing lots and lots of research I chose to go with 275s on my 18" dedicated 9.5" wheels.

·
Premium Member
9,671 Posts
Perfectly? lol:)
I'd say somewhere between 255 and 275. Even 275 is pushing it. Also depends on the tire manufacturer, rubber material, and etc
It's like freaking since. After doing lots and lots of research I chose to go with 275s on my 18" dedicated 9.5" wheels.
As you know my factory tires are staggered 255/245 so I could do 255 on all four corner but was wondering what's the next safe step in size. I was considering Michelin Pilot Super Sports. I really dislike having no spare which keeps me from long rides.
You still have your car? I see you did move east.

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
As you know my factory tires are staggered 255/245 so I could do 255 on all four corner but was wondering what's the next safe step in size. I was considering Michelin Pilot Super Sports. I really dislike having no spare which keeps me from long rides.

You still have your car? I see you did move east.

Yep still have it. Am in Fort Mill SC now. Love it here. Yes you can definitely go with 255s all around. Since you don't track your car 275s is no problem. I ran 275 Nitto NT05s at the track and they were just about perfect with the oem 9" wheels mostly because Nitto makes their tires a little narrower than most tire manufacturers.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,664 Posts

·
Registered
"ARTIE" is a Black 2016 R/T+ with Super Track Pack, 6 speed, Ruby Red Interior
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
285 fronts

295 rears

1 - 12 of 12 Posts