Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys new to the forum. Just bought my new challenger last weekend and already love it. Never really had a nice car before this one, so I never took the time to clean my cars myself and use nice product. Just wondering if you guys would list some of yalls favorite cleaners that you use inside and out every time yall give it a bath! Thanks again!

All interior, soaps for exterior, wheels, tires, etc. the whole nine yards list it all!

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Hey guys new to the forum. Just bought my new challenger last weekend and already love it. Never really had a nice car before this one, so I never took the time to clean my cars myself and use nice product. Just wondering if you guys would list some of yalls favorite cleaners that you use inside and out every time yall give it a bath! Thanks again!

All interior, soaps for exterior, wheels, tires, etc. the whole nine yards list it all!
I had the same issue...they (CT) told me Maguires car wash (orange) and classic gold carnuba wax. It work really well. I have a thread on this called detailing kit FYI. and Congrats on the new Car!!! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK thanks ill go see if I can find them at local stores. Hopefully we get more posts on here lol

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Generally I use Meguiars car wash and clay bar to clean my cars.
Then I'll follow it up with products by Finish Kare (see below).
I clean the glass with Invisible Glass cleaner

Basically it goes like this:
Spring time

1) Wash car with Dawn dish detergent to help remove old wax.
2) Clay bar the paint
I go right to waxing next since my paint has been in pretty good condition, though generally this would be a good time to use a polish if needed.
3) Next I lay down a good layer of paint protection by using #1000 high temp wax.
4) I will then layer #2685 Pink wax on that

During the season

I'll wash the car with Meguiars car wash.
When it needs waxing again I'll top off with Finish Kare Pink wax.

My spray detailer of choice is Finish Kare #425 Final body shine and will use that a lot between waxings.

For the interior dash/plastic components as well as exterior trim and tires I use 303 Aerospace protectant.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What about the rims and wheels? Anything specific for those? It seems like Meguiars is the choice of many

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
1) Wash car with Dawn dish detergent to help remove old wax.
2) Clay bar the paint
^^^ What he said. Use a clay bar even if its new. I've had 2 brand new Challengers, the second one with a whopping 1 mile on the odometer and it needed claying bad.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What is a clay bar? And is this something that is directly applied to the car out of the box?

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the info. Thanks for the website Rick

·
Registered
251 Posts
Zaino Zaino Zaino!

·
Registered
852 Posts

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Here is my very capable assistant:
And you let her lean against your car in denim and hold a synthetic sponge to your car, oooohhhh the horror.... :)

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
And you let her lean against your car in denim and hold a synthetic sponge to your car, oooohhhh the horror.... :)
Yeah, that's what I was thinking too :)

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Guess ill be going with Zaino lol seems like the unanimous decision, along with meguiars

·
Registered
251 Posts
Black Fire Wet Diamond (Paint Sealant) is a great sealant/wax to put on your car. After you wipe it off your car is extremely slick. Sealants also last a lot longer than regular wax's, usually around 4-6 months.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have been using Zaino for over 7 years now on both clear and non-clear coated paints. It's a lot of work, but have never had any problems and nothing but complements on every ride.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts