Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Favorite Pedal Commander Mode

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after getting a Pedal Commander and playing with the modes. I can't figure out which one to settle on for daily driving.
Sport+ - Crazy.
Sport - A bit aggressive especially when trying to launch sometimes, not safe for rain.
City - Seems Ok.
Eco - I haven't tried.

Does anyone run Sport in -1 thru -4?
I am running City +4 at the moment.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, but from what I read most settle on a mode for daily driving.
Maybe I should have said What is everyone's favorite mode period?

·
Registered
227 Posts
I drive in Sport 1 mode all the time in my 2017 R/T

Reactions: F8HemiRT

·
Premium Member
1,505 Posts
Sport 2 all the time , also in sport mode RT plus 2015

·
Registered
227 Posts
Do you end up chirping the tires?
I will also add that if you take your car in for any service or even valet parking.
You might want to back off on the settings.
You don't want someone driving it off the alignment rack or hitting another park car.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I've never had a single issue with the Pedal Commander and check-engine lights or anything like that. Make sure you read and follow the installation instructions (keep keyfob away from car when installing!) - and don't switch presents while the car is moving and you should be fine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks man. Have you tried it with the tazer also? Do they work well together? Does the tazer leave anything behind the dealership can see?

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
No - I've never owned a Tazer, so I don't know much about it - but in theory, it should have no impact on the Pedal Commander.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So are these worth the buy? I just ordered one then saw all the videos claiming malfunction with the sensor...
I wish I would have had Pedal Commander for my Dodge Ram's. For anyone that is skeptical, if your car has a noticeable pedal lag where you have to put more a bit more foot into it to get it to move. I noticed it on mine sometimes when I was going around corners or from a stoplight.
Most of us may think its the placebo effect but if you have ever driven an old muscle car\truck with instant pedal response then you will know what I mean.

My test was to take it on a vacant straight away and leave Pedal Commander off the first one or two runs, then the next run put it in City +4 or Sport. I can't wait to test it on the highway.
I've tested all modes except eco which I will test someday. I was going to buy a scat pack or hellcat in a year or so but now I don't think I want one.

City +4 seems to be really close to the old drive by cable muscle cars. I have three friends that want to try Pedal Commander now, 2 with sxt's, and one with a scat pack. I could only imagine this thing in a scat pack... downright amazing.

With that said if you have no pedal lag maybe this won't improve much for you unless you have it in the higher Sport or Sport+.

It was one the best purchases I have made so far for my RT and I have no need at the moment to buy a sp or hc which made it worth around $300.

The install sucked for me, I am a larger\taller man and the clips really didn't want to move even with a removal tool and I was being careful not to scuff up the panel. Then positioning myself to get to the pedal was great fun because it is a bit dark under there. My double face velcro doesn't stick to anything so I will need to replace that eventually, for the moment it is stuck in the little side pocket for now, really no need to look at it with the Bluetooth app. I haven't had any check engine lights or anything but I did take my keys about 20 ft away and double wrapped them in aluminum foil just in case.

A little trick, If you have any issues with the christmas tree connectors, usually you can get them started and then pull the trim down a bit then use the trim to pull it out the rest of the way. I didn't ruin mine both were reusable.

·
Premium Member
1,505 Posts
I use a little bit of Excelerator on the tap , also good 3M tape you can get at the auto store

3884B6A3-5A38-423A-8E20-3983C832B8C1.jpeg

1 - 16 of 16 Posts