Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First the Dart and 200, then the Viper.. and now according to a report by the WSJ, referenced here by Autoblog, FCA is considering killing off the 300 and Charger as well. This would leave Chrysler with one model (the Pacifica) and Dodge with the Challenger, Durango and ancient Journey.. none of which are expected to get a significant refresh this decade.

To add insult to injury, Autoblog reported today that an Alfa Romeo-based coup is currently in the works. Kind of upsetting that the R&D budget for new vehicles these days seems to be funneling into the brand with the newest line-up.

Anyone else feel like the Dodge and Chrysler brands are one economic downturn away from the chopping block?

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
First the Dart and 200, then the Viper.. and now according to a report by the WSJ, referenced here by Autoblog, FCA is considering killing off the 300 and Charger as well. This would leave Chrysler with one model (the Pacifica) and Dodge with the Challenger, Durango and ancient Journey.. none of which are expected to get a significant refresh this decade.

To add insult to injury, Autoblog reported today that an Alfa Romeo-based coup is currently in the works. Kind of upsetting that the R&D budget for new vehicles these days seems to be funneling into the brand with the newest line-up.

Anyone else feel like the Dodge and Chrysler brands are one economic downturn away from the chopping block?
Chrysler, maybe. Dodge, not as much.

I do wonder why the next gen Challenger got pushed off to 2024.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Well the 300 and Charger have been a bit of an overlap (pretty much the same car with different options/trims). I can see dumping one of them but not both. With the new Italian RWD platform coming to Dodge, they really should offer both a two-door and 4-door version. Frankly, the Journey, Durango, and Pacifica overlap with Jeep products. And since RAM refused to follow up the Durango with a mid-sized pick-up, they've lost that to Jeep as well.

GM has kinda shown the blueprint here by closing down Saturn, Oldsmobile and Pontiac. Multiple brands within the same company offering competing products, is not the recipe for success. Frankly, I'm amazed they still have both Chevy and GMC trucks.

In order to be the most efficient, I can see Chrysler going away, Dodge making cars only, RAM making trucks ( and commercial vans) only, and JEEP doing all of the SUVs and crossovers. Maybe Dodge goes away too, and all cars bear the Alpha-Romeo or Mazzerati name.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I won't shed a tear if Dodge folds. I'll never buy another.

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
Fiat sucks.

·
Premium Member
The Pork Wagon (‘14 Cop Charger)
7,722 Posts
Fiat sucks.
You know what Fiat stands for don't you?

Found On The Road Dead

or is it Friggin' Old Rebuilt Dodge...

no, no, I think it's actually Fix Or Repair Daily.

Yep, that's it, that's the one!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
the Wall Street Journal is reporting that GM and Ford are discontinuing some sedans - possibly even the Ford Taurus. all has to do with lower sales , more people buying suv's than the old sedans. would not surprise me if FCA drops some also

·
Premium Member
9,675 Posts

Found On The Road Dead

FIAT= fix it another time.

Reactions: aldo90731

·
Premium Member
The Pork Wagon (‘14 Cop Charger)
7,722 Posts
I thought it was Fix It Again Tony. I hate being wrong all the time:wiggle:
Don’t be too hard on yourself. There is a greater than 0.01% chance I meant to reference a classic scene in the pilot episode of King of the Hill with my post, but panicked upon realizing it wouldn’t work because it would be backwards.

*sigh*

Okay much greater than a 0.01% chance...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3AJCdmW33fM&feature=youtu.be

·
Registered
194 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtheW0rld View Post
I won't shed a tear if Dodge folds. I'll never buy another.

Leave your GT when you go. We'll find her a nice home.
Give me $38k for it and it's yours.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Give me $38k for it and it's yours.

The car you have now is definitely far superior than any of the other cars you've owned lol...That is a line up of several supreme piles of shit. ;)

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
66 Posts

Found On The Road Dead

Hahahahahahahaha!!!!
Those are for FORD!!
Fiat is: Fix it again Tony

·
Registered
194 Posts
The car you have now is definitely far superior than any of the other cars you've owned lol...That is a line up of several supreme piles of shit. ;)
When can I expect your check? What? You don't want to buy a defective POS?

1 - 20 of 173 Posts