18,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Please feel free to add any info as you find it

A Guy

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
I visited a dealership in central Indiana yesterday to get a price on ordering a 2020 Challenger. I was told by the sales manager that they were told they cannot order a Challenger with the 392 engine. He said they could only order a Challenger with the 3.5 six or a Hellcat. He said he could order a Charger with the 392, but not a Challenger. Does anyone know if this is true?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Since the factory just reopened, I guess it's possible the system won't let them order. The Engine factories have just reopened as well, although with both Challenger and Charger built on the same line, it seems unlikely. Not sure if there is any special allocation on 392 Challengers

I certainly hope they can't order a Challenger with a 3.5 ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yeah ... I guess the 3.5 six was some time ago. :rolleyes: I don't keep up with the sixes much, no offense to 6 drivers.
I checked back with said dealer this afternoon and his computer now allowed him to enter a sale. This was after I had gone to another dealer and their system worked just fine.

·
Registered
On Order - 2020 Scat Pack Hellraisin Shaker
312 Posts
...I checked back with said dealer this afternoon and his computer now allowed him to enter a sale. This was after I had gone to another dealer and their system worked just fine.
PEBCAK error in their system.

Find another dealer. I had a similar experience - dealer could only do a special order with the Brass Monkey wheels. If they are that inept at the computer system, then they will have problems through the entire process - whether that is pricing, rebates, options, order status, remembering your name, etc.

* PEBCAK = Problem Exists Between Chair And Keyboard

·
Registered
795 Posts
We all try to search for something good in all of this. I'm glad all companies and business take cleaning seriously again. And make a real effort. Many places were just gross and disgusting, like no one ever clean the area.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

A Guy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts