Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT
3,923 Posts
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." I don't doubt the sales are good due to the ongoing $10/HP sale, but sometimes they're doctored a little.

·
Registered
102 Posts
The Dodge Challenger easily outsold Camaro in the third quarter, with 18,031 units finding homes versus 12,275 for the Chevy.

That’s been a trend for quite some time, despite the emergency facelift fitted to the Camaro for the 2020 model year.

However, this time around the big Challenger also outsold the reigning Detroit champion, the Ford Mustang.

It wasn't a complete blowout, but with only 16,823 pony-badged cars leaving Ford, it's a decisive win for team Dodge.

In fact, the Challenger was the only vehicle in this group to post a positive gain. Compared to the same period last year, Challenger sales were up 21 percent.

Mustang sales fell 12.3 percent, and Camaro continued its hard slide by dropping a full 15 percent.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Good to see strong sales. As to Mustang sales, I think the word is out on those cars, at least for the 5.0 anyway. A LOT of owners are having problems with different engine noises in that car. One is called the BBQ tick and another the 2K rattle. Piston slap is suspected. A lot of owners not happy.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Man, the Fiat sales numbers are pretty dismal. Interesting to see the Challenger beat the mustang in sales so far, not surprised about the Camaro, I think GM hosed up that car and that is coming from a former Camaro/Firebird fanatic. I also think Ford oops'd the 2018 restyle of the mustang, the '15-17 styles were a lot better looking IMO.

I remember the LS motors had piston slap back in the day too, one of my old 99 Camaro SS had it but it never became a problem other than an annoyance when I first fired it up cold.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts