Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
With as glitchy as the uconnect system is in many peoples cars IDK if this is such a good idea. If uconnect was more consistent then it would be a great idea.

·
Registered
539 Posts
According to the story, only available for 6.2 & 6.4 L

Reactions: Loopy

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
8,498 Posts
Great now the 5.7L will become targets for theft. What's next, retina scans before you can start it?

·
Registered
91 Posts

Just for your information.

Dodge is giving owners of high-horsepower Challengers or Chargers an extra line of protection against vehicle theft.

It announced Monday that it will offer a new pin-activated security feature to owners of Challengers or Chargers equipped with either the Hellcat 6.2-liter supercharged V-8 or the 392 6.4-liter V-8. The feature, when activated, limits the engine to 675 rpm.

At such low revs, the engine will only make about 3 hp, which would make it virtually impossible for the driver of a stolen vehicle to evade police.

2017 Dodge Challenger SRT
2017 Dodge Challenger SRT

With the invention of keyless entry and start, thieves have come up with myriad ways to spoof the data. This new security feature is designed to stop them from stealing a vehicle by creating a double verification system, similar to what many website logins now require.

The security feature is a software-based feature that requires a unique four-digit pin chosen by the owner to be keyed in via the infotainment system.

The dealer-installed feature is being offered free of charge to owners and can be installed on models dating back to the 2015 model year. It will be available late in the second quarter of 2021.

Also memory seat and mirrors new for 2021?

(y)😁

·
Registered
2019 Challenger 1320
2,414 Posts
That's another update I WON'T be doing.

Reactions: Klink and Jack44

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy- GONE :-(
4,709 Posts
As part of a software update, Dodge will introduce a “double verification” security system on 2015-2021 Challenger SRT and Charger SRT models equipped with either a naturally aspirated 6.4-liter V8 or a supercharged 6.2-liter V8 engine. 2019-2021 Scat Pack models, with the 6.4-liter V8, are also eligible for the upgrade.
SO, assuming this is all true, what is different about my 2018 Scat pack, vs the 2015-2021 SRTs and 2019+ Scat Packs.
What I ass-u-me is this, it will be an update to the SRT pages/valet mode settings. Since my Scat doesn't have that, I'll be an INCREASED target for theft now!
Thanks 🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
2021 Challenger Scat Pack, 2019 Challenger SXT AWD
217 Posts
Yeah, the amount of electronics in modern cars is unnerving enough. One more thing to go wrong!

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I'm already having problems with my unconnect as it is. I need to take it to a dealer

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy- GONE :-(
4,709 Posts
Will be fine until the thieves acquire some hardware/software to defeat it.
Or your buddies decide to prank you and enable it as you leave the car, not telling you the code they put in.
Hmm, could be fun. Wait till someone does it to all the cars at a dealership, and then quits, or goes on vacation.
"I'd like to test drive that Hellcat" "Sure thing, you can idle around the parking lot, have fun."

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,785 Posts
From what I gather with previous uconnect updates, all it will do is brick sport/track mode so no one will want to steal them. :p

·
Registered
590 Posts
I never enabled U- connect on my 19 Hellcat. But last week a mandatory update showed up on the screen. I fought it for a while then gave in. At this point I have not noticed any problems from updating.

·
Registered
2019 M6 Scat Pack
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have the SiriusXm radio enabled and that's it. Works fine so far. It can take minute or two to fully boot up.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts