Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dodge Ties For First Place, First-Time Ever By A Domestic Brand

Dodge has made history with its performance in the 2020 J.D. Power Initial Quality Study (IQS).

Dodge tied for the top spot among 31 competitors, becoming the first domestic brand ever to achieve a No. 1 ranking in the prestigious study’s 34-year run. FCA's performance brand leaped seven places from last year’s IQS results.

A Guy

·
Registered
2019 Sublime Shaker and 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T Classic
1,901 Posts
Well, when you have been building pretty much the same cars for many years with just minor tweaks, you are bound to get it right-eventually!! lol!!!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, look at the last 6 "luxury" car brands...not a great showing

A Guy

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,347 Posts
So are we supposed to take the average of Dodge, Chrysler, Ram and Jeep to get the FCA score? :p

·
Registered
379 Posts
C'mon Jeep, geesh,

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
1,959 Posts
As much as I love seeing Dodge on top, that survey has always been "what cars do old people buy and can't understand"
And "what cars do complainers buy"
When even the best of the list has over 1 complaint per car sold, you know a ton of it is "I can't hear my iPhone with the windows down" and "the voice recognition suck, it won't take me to the right McDonalds" all mixed in with actual assembly problems. Back when there was Buick, Chevy, Olds, Pontiac all making the same vehicle on the same assembly line, but they were all rated different, shows it is about the actual customer, not the vehicle.
Like Chrysler being lower than Dodge, that is probably a combination of 3 things, new/young families buying their first new vehicle, like an expensive minivan and can't understand it, maybe a problem in the Pacifica itself, and the type of people buying 300s vs Chargers, different market, different expectations and likelihood to complain.
Plus on the luxury cars, there is typically more to complain about.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Wow, who would have thought it not that long ago. This may give me the nudge to go ahead and get a Challenger rather than another Mustang or possibly the 400Z a little later. It may help insurance rates a bit too (unless you went with a hellcat).

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,623 Posts
Hats off to Dodge, so glad they got it together. For so long Dodge didn't have the best reputation, glad to see them on top of the heap.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Dodge Ties For First Place, First-Time Ever By A Domestic Brand

View attachment 996608

Dodge has made history with its performance in the 2020 J.D. Power Initial Quality Study (IQS).

Dodge tied for the top spot among 31 competitors, becoming the first domestic brand ever to achieve a No. 1 ranking in the prestigious study’s 34-year run. FCA's performance brand leaped seven places from last year’s IQS results.

A Guy
It was great to see such high quality marks for Dodge but I was sad to see that the J.D. Powers dependability ratings for the Challenger were very low. R/T Scat Pack

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
It was great to see such high quality marks for Dodge but I was sad to see that the J.D. Powers dependability ratings for the Challenger were very low. R/T Scat Pack
Where did you see very low JD Power dependability ratings for the Challenger??

When I look at the 2019 JD Power Dependability Ratings (which is analyzing the 2016 model year) - the Dodge Challenger did extremely well (a rating of 10 out of 10). A quote from the link below:

Code:
2016 Dodge Challenger

If it’s a dependable, classic American muscle car that you seek, look no further than the 2016 Dodge Challenger. Big, bold, and brash, the Challenger offers everything from a retro look with a relatively tame 305-hp V6 engine to an arrest-me-now SRT Hellcat with a 707-hp supercharged 6.2-liter V8.

For 2016, Dodge didn’t mess with success, sticking to minor paint, trim, and wheel revisions.

The 2016 Dodge Challenger receives a Vehicle Dependability score of 10 out of 10, and receives an award in the Midsize Sporty Car category.
Source: 2019 Vehicle Dependability: Most Dependable Coupes and Convertibles

·
Registered
2017 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
198 Posts
Nice to see that I own a car from a brand at the top and bottom of the list:). Owned both of them for the past year and each has one issue - can't really complain a whole lot.

Growing up with Dodge vehicles in the early 80s (my first car was a K car - Dodge 400), I'd never thought I'd see the day where Dodge was on top of this list.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Where did you see very low JD Power dependability ratings for the Challenger??

When I look at the 2019 JD Power Dependability Ratings (which is analyzing the 2016 model year) - the Dodge Challenger did extremely well (a rating of 10 out of 10). A quote from the link below:

Code:
2016 Dodge Challenger

If it’s a dependable, classic American muscle car that you seek, look no further than the 2016 Dodge Challenger. Big, bold, and brash, the Challenger offers everything from a retro look with a relatively tame 305-hp V6 engine to an arrest-me-now SRT Hellcat with a 707-hp supercharged 6.2-liter V8.

For 2016, Dodge didn’t mess with success, sticking to minor paint, trim, and wheel revisions.

The 2016 Dodge Challenger receives a Vehicle Dependability score of 10 out of 10, and receives an award in the Midsize Sporty Car category.
Source: 2019 Vehicle Dependability: Most Dependable Coupes and Convertibles
2020 U.S. Vehicle Dependability Study /J.D. Powers. www.jdpower.com/business/press-release

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
I stated challenger and not Dodge sorry.
Yeah, it's crazy - the Dodge Challenger ranks excellent in the dependability ratings, but the Dodge brand ranks very poorly.

Oh well - at least the car we own is reliable! :) The rest of the Dodge vehicles - apparently not so much....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts