Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just heard last night on the news that FCA got the OK to start production again as of 05/15. Anybody else hear that? You folks out there waiting for the 50th Anniversary addition, it sounds like it will be starting up real soon.

·
Registered
14,397 Posts
FCA says May 19 is the date to reopen with one shift then go to both shifts on May 25. Let's hope they can get back to work safely.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
On Order - 2020 Scat Pack Hellraisin Shaker
288 Posts
More details about the May 19th "tentative" re-opening than most of us need to know are here.

Team leads are on mandatory recall starting next week "if this date stands". If we get into the middle of next week without and further changes, then it seems unlikely the re-open date will change again. According to my dealer who is heard this from his "Chrysler rep", the line will operate at 80% normal capacity. Presumably to allow for the interference in production caused by the separation equipment.

If re-opening on a Tuesday seems strange, it is because Monday May 18th is Victoria day.

-Eric

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
More details about the May 19th "tentative" re-opening than most of us need to know are here.

Team leads are on mandatory recall starting next week "if this date stands". If we get into the middle of next week without and further changes, then it seems unlikely the re-open date will change again. According to my dealer who is heard this from his "Chrysler rep", the line will operate at 80% normal capacity. Presumably to allow for the interference in production caused by the separation equipment.

If re-opening on a Tuesday seems strange, it is because Monday May 18th is Victoria day.

-Eric
Hope it all goes as planned for you Eric and the rest, I'm sure you can't wait to get your baby! Let's get America back to work!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,847 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts