Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Additional investments include $50 million for Brampton Assembly, which will introduce three new variants of the popular Dodge Charger and Dodge Challenger muscle cars, in addition to continuing production of the Chrysler 300.

Hmmm...

A Guy

Reactions: ChallengerR/TFan

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You may not be far off...

A Guy

·
Registered
Granite 2015 SXT+ Blacktop
47 Posts
Electric, Hydrogen and Natural Gas 🤣
Actually, they probably are going to be hybrids. I wouldn't mind the low end torque from an electric engine in my chally, not to mention what I would save in gas.

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
Hmmm. Hellcat with T/A stripe, SXT with Hellcat fascia, and SXT shaker? Just trying to think of what parts combinations they haven't done yet.

Sorry, just being realistic haha. It's not a Jeep, truck or Alfa Romeo, so they aren't going to put much money into it right?

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy- GONE :-(
4,709 Posts
Yeah, I assume the Jeep 4Xe system will be there soon, and I like it on paper. Also, droptop??? Anyone think so?
Maybe even bringing back a 6.4 300, or even a Hellcatted 300, why not, stuffed in everything else so far
Charger, Challenger,Durango, Jeep Grand Cherokee, Ram

Reactions: Mopar 19 SP

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They only mentioned three variants of the Challenger and Charger, and that the 300 would continue

A Guy

·
Registered
2015 RT Shaker (STP/A8/FORGED/NAPPA/NO SUNROOF)
713 Posts
Interesting.

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy- GONE :-(
4,709 Posts
Let's hope one of them is not a 4 cylinder turbo with E-torque.
I'm not sure if E-Torque will be what it is, but 2.0 turbo with electric motor in the transmission, then Guaranteed, ONE of them will not be ;-)
Every 3.6 and 5.7 owner should love those (well not every, everyone with an auto)
More power, more torque, more efficiency.

·
Super Moderator
17,240 Posts
with the earlier posts about FCA working with ZF with hybrid ready 8HP (rear wheel drive / all wheel drive)

I'd venture there's e-torque variants on the 3.6 and 5.7 applications probably in the works

·
Premium Member
2019 AWD SXT +
718 Posts
Turbo 6 for example may be a realistic variant. From talking to several owners at different cruises and shows the rumor, and obviously rumors have no hard facts, is that there will be a turbo in the works in the very near future. Further adding to the rumor is that depending how a turbo sells, it could phase out the 8. So is the Hemi as we know it today on its way out? Time and sales will tell I guess.

My wife recently got a Wranger Unlimited with the turbo 4 and although they still make the V6 I have to say the turbo feels better compared to a 6 we used to have. Just feels more responsive.

·
Registered
2011 gwe srt
848 Posts
twin turbo 1000 hp all wheel drive hellcat, make the scat a 426 with forged pistons with an optional supercharger. Leave the 5.7 as an entry level car and even make all wheel drive optional for the northern crowd. car and ditch the models with 6s and God PLEASE no 4 cyl turbo hybid with a stereo that plays pretend motor sounds. Want that buy a mustang. My guess is one thing will come thats long overdue. A 2 door restyled charger.

·
Registered
257 Posts
and God PLEASE no 4 cyl turbo hybid with a stereo that plays pretend motor sounds. Want that buy a mustang. My guess is one thing will come thats long overdue. A 2 door restyled charger.
Unless it’s a Harman Kardon! Vroom Vroom 🤣🤣 and yes a 2door Charger, the way it should of been.👍

Reactions: Malevolous
1 - 20 of 29 Posts