Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Vendor
2010 SRT
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes we feature simpler builds because not everyone has the budget to do a 426 with a 12lb supercharger and completely forged internals.

This 2013 R/T makes 478RWHP and 515 ft-lbs of torque with a TB and a 8# supercharger kit.

Full description here: 2013 supercharged R/T

This is a daily driver with some punch. Does not require forged internals, the supercharger doesn't require maintenance for over 80K miles, the engine does not get removed from the car, and return-to-stock is a straightforward procedure should you or the next owner need to do it. This is the easiest and most durable option that does not require new engine internal components. :thumbsup:

Because of fueling limitations in the R/T, we include our 3B fuel system upgrade with each supercharger that makes more than 8lb of boost (like this one). It is drop-in, using the existing wiring harness and it makes sure there is always available fuel pressure.

Here is the result:

Enjoy. :smile:

·
Vendor
2010 SRT
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Think $10K, installed, dyno'd. Transportation extra.

Certainly variations are common - so please call for a quote. Visit shopHEMI.com to get started on prices.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Would you be able to post the same kind of comparison for the 6.4? I would love to see the numbers on a simple install similiar to this one....:thumbsup:

·
Registered
124 Posts
I ordered my 6# kit last week. My thanks to Tim and Wyatt for their excellent advice, knowing what I needed and not trying to up sell me.

·
Vendor
2010 SRT
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Would you be able to post the same kind of comparison for the 6.4? I would love to see the numbers on a simple install similiar to this one....:thumbsup:
This one is pretty close: 2011 392 with 8lb supercharger
551 RWHP and 535 ft-lbs torque
K&N upgraded CAI, but stock TB, no forged or ported internals or headers.

Here is a Jeep at 499 RWHP: 2013 Jeep SRT8

I will look for another example.

shopHEMI.com

·
Vendor
2010 SRT
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ordered my 6# kit last week. My thanks to Tim and Wyatt for their excellent advice, knowing what I needed and not trying to up sell me.
Careful! Once you get started, the power is addictive! You will love what 6# does for your car 0:) -- and we've always got more power up our sleeves when you want it later. >:)

·
Registered
424 Posts
What you think would be a good estimate my final numbers might be with a Procharger at 6psi? My mods are in my signature, and as you can see i'm far from being stock....lol

·
Vendor
2010 SRT
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How do the 392 stock pistons feel about this?
We have hundreds of installs out there with hundreds of thousands of miles at this power/boost level with stock pistons. Our limit is 8lbs boost -- but we also warn that you have to avoid bad gas, and make sure any tuning stays within safe limits. We also upgrade the fuel system at any level above 6lbs to avoid lean conditions or detonation from fuel pressure drops.

So using drop-in forged pistons is a safety margin that some may want to choose, especially if they doubt they can get good gas or plan to drive where they can't get 93 octane. Certainly if you are making a lot of other power mods and re-tuning. Or you hit the rev limiter a lot >:).

For a normal install, though, the stock pistons hold up great at these levels.

·
Vendor
2010 SRT
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What you think would be a good estimate my final numbers might be with a Procharger at 6psi? My mods are in my signature, and as you can see i'm far from being stock....lol
6psi boost can easily add 100HP to a HEMI - just a starting guess. Since you are already at 409RWHP, you already have some increased air flow, so 80+HP -- just a guess since all setups are slightly different.

Here is an example that isn't that far off from your car, but he went to 12lb boost.

2010 R/T with Procharger 12lb

Here are two examples at higher boost, both on 392s.

2011 392 with Procharger 8lb picked up 100HP.

2012 392 with Procharger 10lb

·
Registered
35 Posts
How about other parts like tranny , rear end how do they hold up with the maggi at 8lbs or the procharger ? Asking for the 392 not the r/t also how is the canned tune that comes with the maggie kit

·
Registered
344 Posts
I was just looking into adding a whipple supercharger to my '14 SRT but by the time the final cost was figured out to make it reliable I was looking at approx. $15,000 - $20,0000 (this includes the whipple s/c, forged pistons and rods, damper, upgraded clutch, install charges, custom tune charges, etc.) I ended deciding to look for a Hellcat instead. I was told by the shop (an authorized tremec dealer) that the forged rods/pistons and the clutch would be the first weak spots. I have heard other people in this forum talk upgrade rear end upgrades needed also, it just didn't make sense to start dumping that kind of money into it when I can buy a factory setup (I know not everyone has this option, I just happended across an msrp hellcat at my dealer at just the right time).

·
Vendor
2010 SRT
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How about other parts like tranny , rear end how do they hold up with the maggi at 8lbs or the procharger ? Asking for the 392 not the r/t also how is the canned tune that comes with the maggie kit
We have many, many 8lb setups on the road with just the drop-in piston upgrade. On SRT8s, but I would say the 392 Scat Packs will hold up as well (except for pistons). When you go for 10 or 12 lbs, that is when the trans and the rear-end see their limits.

We have a lot of success with our base tune for 6 to 10 lb supercharging. Take advantage of the low-end torque, smooth power curve and still safe to drive every day. What happens is, people that add superchargers often have unique setups with different throttle bodies, air intakes, headers and the like. So we still custom-tune a lot and will often recommend that, based on the mods.

Just a 6 lb kit on stock? The tune is great.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts