Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my copy in the mail today and the front cover is a shot of the Challenger SRT, Mustang GT 500 anf the Camaro ZL1 blended into one car. There's a nice comparison about them except they compare the other two dressed as a $60K version against an SRT Core. Just looking at the picture there's no fog lights and other bling so they make the test car look lame. I will try to take and add a picture shortly.

Reactions: pdx.challenger

·
Banned
946 Posts
I still think the Core looks better then the other two. But if I had the money, I'd own all three

·
Premium Member
9,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't want to diminish the greatness of a Core or slight any Core owners here, I'm just pointing out that they didn't compare those two cars against a $53,000 decked out Challenger.
If you used the most expensive of the other two then be fair and use Dodges most expensive too.

·
Registered
2013 Core
821 Posts
I don't want to diminish the greatness of a Core or slight any Core owners here, I'm just pointing out that they didn't compare those two cars against a $53,000 decked out Challenger.
If you used the most expensive of the other two then be fair and use Dodges most expensive too.
Why? They were able to get top of the line performance out of the Coe without paying top of the line price.

Which is why I bought a Core.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
SRT Core only put 392HP down on the dyno? I'm slightly dissapointed..
The mustang claims 662hp and the dyno showed just over 500hp. That would make the Challenger about right. The dyno reads low but it makes a good comparison. You can take the same car to 4 different dynos and get 4 different horsepower numbers. You can get a good feel for the power you car makes but it is just a number. A dyno is good for a before and after picture of that HP number. You dyno your car and get "X" for horsepower. Then you change something, cool air intake, or exhaust, timing, etc, Dyno it again to see the change in that horsepower number. Don't get hung up too much on horsepower numbers. That is for High School arguments.

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
SRT Core only put 392HP down on the dyno? I'm slightly dissapointed..
I believe it mentioned in the article itself that the Dyno was reading real conservative. They mentioned since they did all 3 on the same Dyno it allowed a fair comparison between the 3.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Challenger is just drop-dead sexy. Best looking for sure. Very cool article.

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
I posted this article earlier...

It is a favorable article to SRT's. Read ALL of it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts