Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received a letter in the mail from Chrysler indicating they are conducting a test program to verify the emissions of Privately owned vehicles and are contacting owners of 2013 Challengers.

Anyone else get a letter or ever participated?

A summary of what the program from the Chrysler website:

Chrysler - Contact Us (search term: IUVP)

Emissions Testing - In-Use Verification Program (IUVP)
Answer ID 18241 | Published 09/24/2010 08:28 PM | Updated 11/01/2013 01:18 PM
What is this In-Use Emissions Testing program (IUVP)?
The In-Use Verification Program is part of the Federal Clean Air Act. The Environmental Protection agency and the California Air Resources Board require manufacturers to test randomly selected customer vehicles at approximately one (1) year old and approximately four (4) years old, to insure the emissions systems continue to function properly over time. Chrysler Group contracts to Automotive Testing and Development Services (ATDS) to perform procurement services for all areas, as well as testing services in California.

For vehicles in Michigan and surrounding states, and in Colorado and surrounding states:

Automotive Testing and Development Services (1-800-865-0379)

1350 Highland Drive, Suite E, Ann Arbor, MI 48108

For vehicles in California:

Automotive Testing and Development Services (1-800-378-2584)

400 S. Etiwanda Avenue, Ontario, CA 91761

If you have any questions, you may call the ATDS phone number at the bottom of your letter (also listed at the top of this document) or contact a Chrysler IUVP emissions engineer at (248) 512-6424.

Chrysler Group's IUVP Process:

1) MAILINGS: Using Chrysler Group generated mail lists, ATDS mails letters and reply forms to vehicle owners.

2) REPLY FORMS: Owners mail back their completed reply forms (VIN and mileage are required).

3) PHONE QUESTIONNAIRE: ATDS contacts owner to do a telephone questionnaire to aid Chrysler Group in determining vehicle qualification. Qualified vehicles are procured in the order of their randomized control numbers.

4) FREE LOANER VEHICLE: ATDS arranges for the loaner vehicle and exchanges vehicles with the owner at a mutually agreed upon time and place then drives the owner's vehicle to the test site. The owner should remove all valuables from their vehicle prior to procurement.

5) TESTING SITES: There are four locations at which Chrysler IUVP emissions testing is performed:

Chrysler Chelsea Proving Grounds (CPG), Chelsea Michigan
Chrysler Technology Center (CTC), in Auburn Hills, Michigan
Environmental Testing Corporation (ETC), in Aurora, Colorado
Automotive Testing & Development Services, Inc.(ATDS), in Ontario, California
Note: On occasion it is necessary to ship a vehicle to a different location for testing (your letter will specify this). An enclosed car hauler (with sides and top) is used to protect the vehicle while transporting.

6) TAILPIPE TESTING: All test vehicles undergo tailpipe emissions testing which consists of securing it on a dynamometer in a lab, and connecting an exhaust gas analyzer to the tailpipe. The vehicle's tires rotate on the dynamometer rollers as the vehicle is "driven", simulating both city and highway driving. Testing accumulates approximately 75 miles on the vehicle, in addition to the miles accumulated from transporting the vehicle to and from the testing facility.

7) EVAPORATIVE TESTING: Some of the vehicles are also selected for passive evaporative emissions testing (ex. tires and plastics give off small amounts of various gases). These vehicles are put in a sealed room for two (2) days, while the air quality is periodically monitored. They are also ORVR tested (On-board Refueling Vapor Recovery), using a different type of sealed room, where the air quality is continuously monitored as the fuel tank is being filled.

8) VEHICLE RETURN: ATDS cleans the vehicle, fills the gas tank, then returns it to the owner and picks up the rental vehicle.

9) INCENTIVE CHECK: The owner receives an incentive check after the vehicle is returned.

Chrysler Group
Emissions Certification department
CIMS 482-00-81
Chrysler Technology Center
800 Chrysler Drive
Auburn Hills, Michigan 48326

·
Registered
107 Posts
I just received a letter in the mail from Chrysler indicating they are conducting a test program to verify the emissions of Privately owned vehicles and are contacting owners of 2013 Challengers.

9) INCENTIVE CHECK: The owner receives an incentive check after the vehicle is returned.

Chrysler Group
Emissions Certification department
CIMS 482-00-81
Chrysler Technology Center
800 Chrysler Drive
Auburn Hills, Michigan 48326

...and this is for how much ?

·
Premium Member
9,363 Posts
75 miles on a dynamometer? I wouldn't lend my car if the check was $1000. It says incentive check paid, not liking how that is worded.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The incentives are:
- Use of a fully insured loaner vehicle with unlimited mileage & full tank of gas
- A check for $250.00 & vehicle returned washed & with a full tank of fuel.

"The testing typically takes 1 week to 4 weeks."...

·
Super Moderator
09 RT Challenger auto
3,467 Posts
I agree, they can find there own mullet.
It would take 5k or so to barrow mine, and I still might not.
Flattop

·
Premium Member
9,363 Posts
If it was mandatory(are we commies) I'd still tell them to pound sand. Wow $250 and they will lend you a car. Who pays your loan and insurance while it's gone? They think the public is stupid don't they?

·
Premium Member
9,363 Posts
Anytime they get involved,it's time to run in the other direction!
One day we the people will wise up, rise up and vote out ALL of them.
THEY are in it for themselves, we are just pawns in their game.
They'd have to pry my steering wheel from my.......

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
$250.00 is just a dent in my monthly car payment and "up to 4 weeks" I think not.

Not to mention that 18 year old driving your vehicle to and back from the testing facility.

Let's see:

Pain and Suffering= 2k
Mental and Emotional distress from driving that FREE KIA rental = Depends on if you are recognized 1k-2k
Having to explain to your ride why you sold it like a prostitute = priceless

Yea that 5k may not be off...

·
Premium Member
9,363 Posts
$250.00 is just a dent in my monthly car payment and "up to 4 weeks" I think not.

Not to mention that 18 year old driving your vehicle to and back from the testing facility.

Let's see:

Pain and Suffering= 2k
Mental and Emotional distress from driving that FREE KIA rental = Depends on if you are recognized 1k-2k
Having to explain to your ride why you sold it like a prostitute = priceless

Yea that 5k may not be off...
There is ALWAYS that chance something goes very wrong.

·
Premium Member
N/A
1,814 Posts
I might consider it if the loaner is a "HellCat" Challenger, I work in the shadows off the world headquaters (Auburn Hills) they could drop it off or i could stop by and pick it up.:lol: Ha,Ha

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts