Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took out my AEFIS S2 to paint it to match my car (kind of) and I was looking to see how can I get more fresh air into the intake. I noticed the air tunnel that goes from the front of the car's air dam that blows cold air onto the rotors. Now, I don't autox my car (I need to) and I'm not tracking it (I need to...lol) so just DD'ing the car everyday I'm not concerned about brake fade or the need to have massive amount of cool air on it. If I need to, this can be changed in...oh, 3, seconds. The tunnel has 2 sections. The first section is a piece that attaches to the air dam in the front and directs air into the second piece which is the actual tunnel that guides the air to the wheel well. All you do is take your hand and put it in the first piece and 'pop' it out of the second piece so it now directs air OVER the second piece. With your intake out you can put your hand through the small hole where the intake usually sits on and then tweak the first piece so that it flows straight up into that hole. Now you have fresh air flowing straight into that hole and then straight into your intake! A free, 1 minute mod that doesn't break anything. Heck, you can probably do it without even removing your intake and just by manipulating the first piece from the air dam. I just happened to have my intake out. Here are some pics.

The first pic is from looking through the hole where the intake sits and the air comes in. As you can see, the air vent is now directed straight into the area where you draw your fresh air. The light you see is coming from the first piece and the first piece is resting on the second piece (it's 'popped' on top of it).

The second pic is the air dam and how I manipulated the first piece.

Attachments

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
dang it, it should say FREE not fee...lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts