Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I am looking at purchasing a 2012 SRT8 392 Manual 6 spd with 48,000 miles. I currently own a 2014 RT Plus Blacktop package manual 6 spd. Both cars are fully loaded with every option. I love my RT - absolutely love it. I will only be driving this car about 4-6,000 mile per year - maybe 7K. Its a side car - my fun car. Am I crazy to do this?? Is the SRT worth it? And do these cars last?

Any feedback would really be welcome! If you think I'm crazy tell me.

·
Premium Member
9,353 Posts
The car is very quick and great fun to drive and if you test drive it the decision won't be a tough one. The one thing I look at is trading down 2 years and if you had the 14 since new, this one you don't know how it was cared for.

·
Registered
947 Posts
I did this move with no regrets and I absolutely loved my R/T as well. Initially, I was going through some mods to get performance that approached SRT levels, but then decided to bite the bullet on a used SRT. Now that I have the extra performance, I think I'm driving this car slower than my old R/T......maybe because its got the torque where I'm not having to wind it out to get this boat going.

I guess the question is are you happy with a good looking cruiser or do you put more weight on the performance capabilities?
Can you find a lower mile example?

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Personally I wouldn't do it. I had a 12 srt and it was a nice car but I like the 15 rt scatpack better. The upgrades are very nice and you could probably find a nice used 15 or 16 garage queen in perfect shape for a decent price. SRT or RT scat pack either one and you're not going backwards on model years... There are more an more trading up to the hellcat because of the discounts spawned by the Demon too which helps your cause....

good luck either way...to me the newer ones are worth it just based on interior alone. not counting active exhaust and all other upgrades...

·
Registered
387 Posts
I'd probably save up and wait until a Hellcat comes within your range so you will enjoy the bump in power which might keep you happier for longer. (and that awesome supercharger whine of course .... )

But the only way to find out is to test drive a 392 ....

·
Registered
524 Posts
Night and day difference between the 5.7 and 392. If you like performance, go for it.
If you do, you won't ever look back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts