Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I just got her back after the Procharger was installed and she feels great going forward, but when I put her into reverse she seems rough not smooth like she used to be. So, could this just be the added weight as the whole kit probably added about a 100lbs to the front of the car. or maybe i can feel the procharger vibrating. So, anyone else have this issue? I'm a bit concerned as I race this car and don't wanna shred or break something while going down the track.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah possibly but wouldnt i feel that going forward as well?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
would i see the motor with more movement in the engine bay? as it doesnt look as if it is running any different then it was before the install.

·
Premium Member
479 Posts
Not necessarily. This is not normal. Something is wrong. Have you talked to the installer?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
So just talked with the installer. We were trying to figure out what is going on and we think that one of the tubes is close to the brake line. So when I put it in to reverse the motor leans to the left and makes contact. I'll he bringing it up to them on Saturday and hope we can fix the issue before igo racing that night.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Does it feel like it's about to stall like the RPMs drop really low when switching from drive to reverse?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nope just seems to vibrate when i put my foot on the breaks. Don't feel it any where else. but today i noticed that i can feel the rotation of the supercharger.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I believe after my install my car does the same thing while in reverse it vibrates more than it did w/o the procharger but I have had my procharger since Feb. And all is well and now that I have the one piece motor mounts I feel everything so I've gotten use to it.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We figured it out. The breaklines come from the master break cylinder and run up through the frot of the car. What happens is that the charge tubes run really close to the fender well under the hood. so when the car is put into reverse the motor leans to the left and makes contact with the fender well. Which in turn sends the vibrations down through the break lines.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts