Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Premium Member
391 Posts
order banks arent open, dealers cannot order a car, as a customer you can go to a dealer and the dealer can take an order, however there is no order been placed, since dealers CANNOT ORDER YET!!!!!!
im sure Canada is no different, because a dealer took your deposit, doesnt mean they placed an order,
Luke
Ordering was opened on July 23rd in Canada, allocation has been met and you can no longer order a Hellcat at this time.

· Premium Member
391 Posts
So what are you saying that the ones that got an order in on July 23rd or close to it will get their order filled.......How may Hellcats are for allocation?
No, all I am saying is that they have now (since July 28th) shut down ordering for the Hellcat until next allocation period. Just because you got an order in does not mean your car will be scheduled right away. Allocation now has to be done in the coming weeks once they get there numbers to do so.

· Premium Member
391 Posts
I am new to this forum because I'm trying to order a hellcat too. My sold order was put in on July 23 two hours after the order banks opened and I also got a VON at the same time. My status has been BA from that time and still is. I ordered it from a small town dealer hoping to support my local area but within a couple days they told me I wouldn't be able to get one through them. I then phoned a big dealer in Langley BC where I had recently bought a used 05 Ram SRT10 and asked him if it was still possible to order a hellcat and he stated that it wouldn't be a problem and that they had 4 on order and none were sold yet. The next day I phoned him back and he said that 2 were sold so I spoke for the third one and sent him a deposit. A week later he phoned and told me that they MIGHT get one hellcat and I was likely SOL, again. He sent my deposit back but both dealers have left my order in. I have ordered mine with a sunroof and this appears to be late availability option but geez when a guy is left totally in the dark for almost two months its pissing me off. When a sold order is placed within two hours after the order banks open I should know something by now. I'd gladly delete the sunroof if it helped but I'm afraid it'll screw up my spot in the imaginary line. So much for "unlimited production" like the Dodge CEO says
Production has not started for Canada yet. Until production begins for Canada it will be tough to predict anything.

· Premium Member
391 Posts
Yes, you'll get one.. but it will not be this year, and even next year is a toss up.

Again, if anyone looks at the way the Jeep SRT for 2014 was handled, same thing. Everyone was told impossible to get. These were backordered, people were waiting for 6-12 months - now they're all over. They ironed out the kinks, they got them flowing. Allocation doesn't matter at this point, want a Jeep SRT? Order one.

Same will be with Hellcat but again, not initially. I know, that part sucks.
Just to clarify, by next year you are talking 2015 correct? As for the Jeep SRT, yes same type of deal, we ordered 2014's and waited a while for them to come in but they did come in as 2014's. 2014 was an extended model year but they delivered there sold orders.

· Premium Member
391 Posts
I'll tell you why. It's because they lie.

They put the car in as a customer order, use either someone on their staff or an employees' friend, family, to "fake" it as a customer-sold order, and when it gets to the dealership HallelujahMOTHERMARYJESUSANDJOSEPH! the order "falls through" on some technicality BS, and PRESTO! Hellcat on the showroom floor. With a markup!

Meanwhile, genuine customer orders are still not delivered. Hell, some of our guys in our local club don't have freaking VINs, despite having orders in on the day order banks opened.

Meanwhile, FCA starts posting "here's how allocation works" blog entries and news stories, and blaming dealerships who have tons of orders in, because most of those dealers are ones selling @ MSRP (or close to), and everyone on the forums / internet is flocking to those dealerships that actually order and sell the car to enthusiasts without markups.

As long as the allocation system favors volume dealers / sales in any way, shape, or form, it's destined to fail.

If FCA was serious about getting these cars into the hands of their loyal, enthusiastic customer base, they'd find a way to do it.
The articles that FCA posted are for US. Canada is completely different and runs on a different allocation program.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.