Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
121 Posts
Hi Noob here, I have a signed purchase agreement with a dealer in Ontario but was told there are 6 orders ahead of mine. Placed my order on July 31st and was told I would know IF I can get one Tuesday or Wednesday next wk. as in tomorrow !!!!!!
I was able to spec out the options and colour I wanted no problem, not sure what's going on with dealers in the US??
Also I have a signed purchase agreement for MSRP.
Trading my 2013 ram sport 4X4 QQ as a deposit, and selling my current baby a 69 Charger SE to pay balance.
This has been a VERY VERY long wknd waiting ,wondering if I'm keeping my current rides OR if Dodge will accually make enough cars for all??
Pricing seems different as usual between Canadians and Americans. :(
In Canada it comes standard with the automatic and you have too pay 1K more for the stick. Satin black hood another 1K here
I really hope us Canadians don't get the short end of the stick with these cars and AVALIABLITY, they are after all made in CANADA!! I bet there are 50 guys working in the plant with hopes of owning one...

Come on DODGE some lifelong LOYAL customers are waiting for you to let the Cat out of the bag:thumbsup:
Make enough of these BAD KITTIES for everyone

I will update this ASAP once I here definitively from my dealer.

Here is a pic of my current babies :)

· Registered
121 Posts
No I don't have a VON yet, really hoping they assign me one tomorrow . Willing too wait , no rush for me , gives me a chance to sell my baby.
Just don't wanna miss the boat, and not have the opportunity to buy one.

· Registered
121 Posts
:yikes:
Well my update as promised....
:yesnod: after much anticipation and hope I find out my order has been accepted and I will be getting my Kitty.
Taking my 2013 ram today and leaving with dealer as my deposit.
I've been told to expect spring delivery as I ordered the upgraded Laguna leather seats and they are late avaliability. No matter I also ordered the P Zero summer ONLY tires so taking delivery in winter wouldn't be an option anyway.
Sublime pearl green, satin black hood, navigation, P Zeros, and 6spd manual which is optional in Canada

Guess this is going to be a VERY VERY long winter lmao BUT it will be an EPIC spring :bouncy:

Anyone interested in a sweet 69 Charger SE mine has to go to make way for the Kitty ;)

· Registered
121 Posts
I received a phone call the other day to inform me one of the orders ahead of mine at the dealership has been scheduled for production.
I'm number 7 in line at dealership, really starting to have my doubts about being able to get a hellcat.
There are 35 MILLION people in Canada and at Moparfest they admitted to ONLY 100 cars being made for Canada
They did say they will increase that number but DIDNT say by how many??!!

I gave a $34K deposit in July, all I have is a VON at the moment :(

Finding this whole process very frustrating like everyone else.

· Registered
121 Posts
I am in the same boat as you,and feel your pain. I put a 40K deposit down on July 23 and also sold my mint 09 R/T with 25K's ( miss it greatly !! ) based on the fact I was assured a HC would not be a problem.I would never have sold it knowing what I know now, as I have been without a car for the last 3 months
If I do not get a FIRM confirmation that I will at get a HC ( don't care when it comes, as long as I know I will get one ) by at least Feb/March, then I will get my money back and go to plan B, a 2015 C7. I am not going another summer without a car.
The dealer is hearing nothing from his rep and has no idea if I will ever see one.
Sounds like we are in similar situations :(

I traded my 2013 Ram QQ 4x4 that was loaded as my deposit, on the condition that my trade was subject to hellcat avaliability .. I have that in writing on my purchase agreement .
So for a week after I signed the papers on July 24 I still had my truck , then they called and said dodge has approved my order and they are building my car. Please bring in the truck ASAP.
So I dropped it off the first week of August and have been waiting without info since.

My truck is listed for sale on their website but the listing is COMPLETELY wrong and isn't accurate description of the truck or options.
I informed them of the problems with their ad but no changes have been made too it weeks later.
Very concerned that they aren't actively trying to sell my truck for fear they might have to return it too me should a hellcat not be AVALIABLE ??
Logic is gone at this point, I would just like some firm conformation that YES or NO the car will be AVALIABLE ?!

I'm using my truck as the deposit and selling my BABY a 69 Charger SE to pay the balance.
But as of right now the Charger is in the garage safe and sound and not going anywhere until I know for certain.

You have to wonder just how many folks out there are being strung along ATM with dreams of owning a hellcat, but will only have disappointment when their deposits are returned.

Hopefully those on here with orders will get their cars, we are after all the enthusiasts the car is built for. The general public still has no clue about this beast. I think the demand will only get stronger for the cars once they hit the streets.

NSRT what province are you in?

· Registered
121 Posts
Whomever you heard that from is full of ****.
Lol I wish...

A Canadian executive from Chrysler was ON THE STAGE on both Saturday and Sunday of Moparfest trying to generate interest from the crowds in the car.
Sorry but it's fact, they HAD only planned 100 cars for Canadians but did say on the Sunday that due too increased demand for the cars they will INCREASE Canadian production but wouldn't comment on how many.
Moparfest isn't a small car show, it's THE LARGEST ALL MOPAR show in Canada!
20,000+ spectators

Believe me or not , that's what was said back in August

· Registered
121 Posts
A "Canadian executive" does not overrule Tim K, Dodge CEO.

I don't care if Jesus H. Christ descended from upon high and said there is limited Canadian production - he'd be full of **** too.

Please stop perpetuating the confirmed myth that there is limited production. There isn't. Anything you hear on "production limits" is poppy****. There may be an initial allocation from the initial build for 100 for Canada, but not the total model year.

There's a lot of confusion due to the way the allocations have changed. The order banks are opened for each run, then closed when the capacity for that run are met. That's likely where these rumors keep coming from.

The only people that want you to believe there is limited production are the dealerships (so they can charge markups), and the sales execs (because their role is to support the dealers).

The $60k price point is very reachable for a lot of people. Using common sense, Dodge would be shooting themselves in the foot if there was a very restrictive availability.
Time will tell.....
I didn't make it up too stress folks out, I know what I heard and what we were told at Moparfest. The dealer I ordered from is the sponsor and was trying to get info from the exc. all wknd on stage...
Tim K also said US order banks would open before the end of August.
I placed an order 10wks ago and have nothing more than a VON ATM and have serious doubts about receiving a car come spring. I have visions of having my deposit returned

I will update this post one year from today hopefully with Canadian production figures just for sh%#} and giggles

Hope they build thousands for us:grin2: but I seriously seriously doubt they will even make 200

· Registered
121 Posts
Sorry I'm not buying it.
Especially with all the MISS INFORMATION on this car.

I've been waiting 10 wks for a seat upgrade that now will not be AVALIABLE in the 2015 model year if at all.

Beyond ridiculous with the lack of info from Dodge on the car and the current status of peoples orders, ESPECIALLY THE CANADIANS WHO HAVE BEEN WAITING THE LONGEST AND LEFT IN THE DARK THE LONGEST.
I will be speaking to the dealer tomorrow about my order.

Not a happy customer , buy a 79K car and 3 months after placing my order I'm left to wonder if and when I "might" get one of the "allocated" unicorns

Happy some of you have several "insiders at srt" but the rest of us are having to deal with REALITY and the fact we may never see a car.

Nice to dream but at some point the grown ups amongst us have to start acting like grown ups and decide enough is enough.

· Registered
121 Posts
SRTgeek I appreciate the time and thoughts you put into your post and I agree with almost all of what you said. Up until the second last paragraph where you lost me.

I have NO desire to be the first to get there Hellcat, or am I in a rush!!!
You said if I cancel my order and try and get back in line I would be lucky to get a car in April or May?!
Well I ordered in JULY and that's is ALREADY my expected delivery date? So I'm really confused by your logic there....
When I ordered I was told Spring delivery which I'm perfectly fine with.
I have No plans to ever drive the car in snow and have ordered the summer only tires

If I won't have a car til March, April, May I'm FINE with that.

I received a phone call last week to inform me an order ahead of mine had been scheduled for production. The dealerships first one..
But who's to say the dealer will sell enough cars to meet the next allocation?
Obviously my order isn't part of their first allocation or it would be moving along with the other customer.
There are still 5 others ahead of me at the dealership, I was number 7 in line at time of order.

A phone call from Chrysler Canada to say congrats on your purchase and getting in line for a hellcat would put all my fears to rest.

How do we as consumers KNOW the deal is solid?

I told them when I ordered I had No desire to be the first on the block with the car and didn't care how long I had to wait but that I didn't wanna miss my opportunity to buy one.

I still don't feel like I've bought anything 3 months later

I don't drink , but I might just have too start:guiness::guiness::guiness::guiness:

· Registered
121 Posts
I spoke to my dealer for almost a half an hour on Thursday expressing my concerns about all of this.
A day later I received an email basically saying my order is going to be honoured by Chrysler but that's it :(
Expect spring delivery.......

I configured my car July 24th, placed the order July 31st, received a VON August 8th when I took in my trade.
That's all I have so far ....... A VON and my order is currently BX which it has been since day 1

Sublime, Laguna seats, navigation, summer tires, 6 spd, and satin blk hood.

A betting man would say the cars will be released from QC on Monday next week!!!!

WHY you ask??????? LOL

Every single ad I've seen for a hellcat for sale from dealers says they will be on the ground on the 22nd of October. Canadian and American ads!!!
Hopefully there is something to it and these cars can FINALLY get moving and allow the rest to be built!!
:werd:

· Registered
121 Posts
I've seen two in Ontario with Ontario plates so far, but my dealer tells me there are training cars out there travelling to the dealers to "educate" them on the cars....
Resume speed says ONLY 30 cars have been built for all of Canada so far....
I don't see them starting to build our cars until March, really hope I'm wrong

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.