Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,

So I was playing around with the Pedal Monster throttle booster on my AWD GT and wanted to test if it maintains its setting after the car turns off and on again. In my foolishness, I turned it to the very highest setting before turning my car off (so I would know for sure if its active, you know?) and out of instinct applied the parking brake.

I turned the car back on and put it in drive, then depressed the pedal a little (which the car would have been reading it like I slammed the pedal to the floor with WOT) and only then did I realize I did not release the parking brake. The car lurched forward, but did not really move any distance, and next thing I know the shifter was in neutral. I released the parking brake, put it back in drive, and drove a short distance home with no warning lights.

Please help a car noob out: could this have damaged the vehicle? What exactly was happening, mechanically-speaking?

·
Premium Member
2,989 Posts
Your car was acting as expected if you put it in drive with the parking brake applied. This had no relevance as to the Pedal Monster installed or not. There was no damage done.

·
Premium Member
4,027 Posts
Your car was acting as expected if you put it in drive with the parking brake applied. This had no relevance as to the Pedal Monster installed or not. There was no damage done.
This is correct. The transmission is designed to deal with just such a faux pas. It went into neutral to save itself.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I once did something similar with my manual. Foolish mistake, lesson learned. Pay more attention in the future. No harm seems to have been done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts