Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We took a 300 mile road trip today, about half on 4-lane and half on backroad 2-lane. So we had a good mix of cruising at 65 - 70 with the cruise control on and rowing thru the gears on the backroads. The only time Debbie had a complaint about the exhaust was on the backroads, when we were going up a long hill and I was lugging it a bit, running about 1800 RPM in 5th gear. The exhaust was a little boomy in the cabin. But downshifting into 4th and bringing the RPMs up a bit solved it. Debbie said the exhaust sounded good otherwise, and when I asked her if she was ready for the 7-hour trip to CF2, she said "absolutely". So the Solo exhaust is Female Approved!

·
Registered
973 Posts
Female approved......now that made me laugh! :browsmiley:

I told my wife that I may get a new exhaust. Of course I got, "What's wrong with the one you have now?" I don't know honey. :)

Looking forward to meeting you at CF2.

·
Registered
437 Posts
That's too funny! Thanks for the post...glad it is female approved...maybe we should use that in our advertising LOL.
got the approval as well on the weekend. Actually, the first approval - although completely unintentional by my wife - was after I installed the solo and started it up for her to hear it in the garage. I revved it a couple of times and then asked "what do you think?", she looked at me and said "it sounds like a race car" ... I mean, there's not much else to say after that right!:werd:

This weekend it was finally nice enough to take the family for a drive. My wife was definitely skeptical about how loud it would be inside after having heard it from outside the car. It took about 10 mins of driving before she finally admitted that it's definitely much quieter inside than it was with the blastin bob's glasspacks on. :bigthumb:

Like jon says - female approved!!

·
Banned
811 Posts
Female approved......now that made me laugh! :browsmiley:

I told my wife that I may get a new exhaust. Of course I got, "What's wrong with the one you have now?" I don't know honey. :)

Looking forward to meeting you at CF2.
That's funny, my girlfriend's dad said the same thing when she told him that we have a new exhaust for my car laying on the dining room floor :laugh:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts