Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, my car has been giving me a total nightmare with the passenger side installation of the new bumper, it’s a genuine bumper. Didn’t have this issue with the old one. As you can see below the fender is sticking out on the top, anyone know if this is DIY or a trip to the dealership? I have installed this only with the side mounts, not the alignment bracket as it will not fit with the alignment pin. Any help suggestions, tips or DIY will be much appreciated

·
Registered
2019 Sublime Shaker, 2010 Plum Crazy R/T Classic, 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T Classic
2,005 Posts
You need the alignment pin! How will it not fit? Is this an original Mopar replacement bumper? Was the car in an accident? This could explain the fender getting pushed up more than it should. I have never had a new bumper fit so poorly.

·
Registered
2019 Challenger Stars & Stripes Scatpack
186 Posts
wow I never seen anything like that before how does the drivers side look? just curious

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I'm betting you have the grill assembly in wrong. If you had a pic straight down from the top it may help.

Looking straight down from the top, It should be rubber seal, painted bumper then grill assembly (the bumper cover needs to lip over the grill along the top).

I have seen these assembled wrong in this area and they won't fit right. You also absolutely need the side supports with the alignment pins.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts