Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Challenger 1320
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been working the various Wheel/Tire Size comparison calculators, trying to find the right tire size for the rims I want to buy. Custom rims, wheel tire packages for your ride - RIMSnTIRES.com

I've plugged into this calculator the various wheel/tire sizes yinz have mentioned you have, and am seeing that many if not most are extending beyond the stock rim/tire configuration when it comes to Fender Clearance.

I'm looking to put this wheel/tire configuration on a 2015 R/T (Scat Pack 6.4L)

I'm looking at the Ansen Sprint Slotted Mag: 17 x 9 with -12 offset and am trying to come up with a "4 Square" squat look (non-staggerd, obviously). The range of tire sizes I'm coming up with that will allow me use a non-SUV/Truck tire and have a decent selection of brands to choose from have me extending anywhere from .6" to 1.1" beyond the fender.

My question to the collective membership is this: What is the ceiling in terms of extending beyond the Fenders (specifically Front Fender) that has been actually driven (as a Daily Driver)?

How far can I extend beyond factory spec (245/45 x 20 with a 15 offset) safely, and with no modifications without having to worry about hitting my front fender on turns, or rubbing curbs, small children or other cars?

·
Registered
541 Posts
I think max would be 275/40/20 in front with a 20 offset. Quite a few guys are running that on the front. I run a 255/45/20 on all fours with a 20 offset. A -12 offset and your front tire will be sticking out of the wheel well, not a great look IMO, also you sand blast the sides of your car with all the road debris with your wheels sticking out past the wheel well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts