Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanting to get some fender flares here soon, what have y’all done before and what do you recommend. Found some cool ones from SEK Customs, link below.

·
Premium Member
9,551 Posts
There are floor mats more expensive than those things. I can’t imagine how poorly they are made and how they will fit or how long they will last.

Reactions: droptopron

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I agree with the others. Either go big or don't go at all. I have looked at the wide body kits and there is one out there for a few thousands of dollars that will actually fit a Challenger like factory. The kit plus labor and paint will probably run about 5000$ or maybe more. Good thing my family owns an auto body shop!

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Vicrez is the name of the company that makes a better kit.

·
Registered
2015 RT Shaker (STP/A8/FORGED/NAPPA/NO SUNROOF)
613 Posts
Those are junk.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Why do you say that they are junk ? The set that I saw on a car looked like the factory had installed them. Maybe it comes down to the installer and painter.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Why do you say that they are junk ? The set that I saw on a car looked like the factory had installed them. Maybe it comes down to the installer and painter.
As a collision tech, I can make any aftermarket piece of garbage fit and look nice. The last aftermarket Mustang bumper I installed cost $300.

The labor to body work it so it actually fit and looked nice was 20 hours (over $1,000).

Then an additional charge to paint it and do the final install.

·
Registered
2009 B5 SRT8 M6
153 Posts
I ended up using real 3m Tape for the brackets, and used silicone glue for around the top edge, however I may go back and use a stronger adhesive. Yes it is currently on 1.5" hubcentric spacers on the stock Alcoa's, until I can go to the US to pick up a set of OEM Demon wheels. Because my car is the Gen1 the bumpers and rockers are slightly different than the 15+, but I managed to get it to fit well enough with my OG bumpers

·
Registered
2009 B5 SRT8 M6
153 Posts
is this vicrez or icon flares? they are 2 different company.
its nice!
These are from ikon, but they are almost completely identical to the vicrez ones, the only difference being the very front piece, vicrez has a slightly different bottom

Reactions: gerv
1 - 15 of 15 Posts