Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in possible appearance modifications at some point down the road. These are the two that most interest me. They both add to the intimidating presence of the car. I have done some preliminary research on my own but the results have been all over the map....super expensive, cheap looking, less than OEM quality, only available for scat pack or hell cat models, yada, yada, yada.

Does anyone know firsthand about a good resource for information on this topic?

Before the elitists come out of the woodwork, I'm not trying to "up-badge" my car. I just really like the look of these particular mods. The word sinister comes to mind when I see them.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,453 Posts
Reactions: Rg21044

·
Registered
15,804 Posts
Also think to get Widebody parts from FCA you must provide a Widebody VIN and prove ownership.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15,804 Posts
What parts have you bought? A Hellcat guy was trying to do the conversion and had all the part numbers but was told he couldn't buy them

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I can believe that. Some companies are very territorial. I assume they are trying to ensure “exclusivity”. It doesn’t. It just forces people into secondary markets.

Same thing is true in other industries. Whenever I try to buy a replacement strap for my Breitling, the high end jewelry store where I purchased the watch has to look up the transaction before they will let me buy the replacement strap. Doesn’t seem like good business practices to me.

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
3,384 Posts
This isn't new. I remember when people were trying to buy the SRT4 hood for the Caliber. You needed the same justification, VIN+ Reason. I assume that the reason is, manufacturers are required to provide replacement parts for 7 years (I think) after production, so they make a lot more parts than cars. They have people working their slide rules like crazy figuring out how many extra parts to make and store for 10+ years, just incase someone needs it, they don't have to buy them a new car. If everyone started buying Demon hoods, there won't be any left for the actual Demons that may need them due to collisions... I also assume that they aren't making them at all anymore, so what they have is it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts