Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
So ive got a 2012 that I went and got flares installed to give it the wide body look, but instead of bolting them on i had them molded on to give it the factory or after market wide body look. and of all the people who ive talked to about it they said the molded look is the better route, im still in the process of finishing them cause its a lot of custom work but when i get a chance ill put som pics up too
PICS!!!

sounds nice

·
Registered
184 Posts
There's a guy on YouTube that just completed a widebody flare conversion on a non widebody Hellcat. He bought the wrecked Hellkezy Hellcat that was featured on another guys channel. He did use widebody front fenders with the holes in them but not the widebody bumper. He had to cut the holes in the front bumper and the rear quarters to make the factory flares fit properly. He also added the widebody side skirts. He did not do any suspension mods yet but it looks like he already added the Devils rims.

·
Registered
211 Posts
There's a guy on YouTube that just completed a widebody flare conversion on a non widebody Hellcat. He bought the wrecked Hellkezy Hellcat that was featured on another guys channel. He did use widebody front fenders with the holes in them but not the widebody bumper. He had to cut the holes in the front bumper and the rear quarters to make the factory flares fit properly. He also added the widebody side skirts. He did not do any suspension mods yet but it looks like he already added the Devils rims.
ive been watching the build.. im curious about the rear fenders because my fenders are clearanced differently than stock fenders are. under the flares the rear is cut out for tire clearance.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I did not notice any opening cuts in his video and he did not mention cutting them. Video 11 is the flare install. I linked 12, but you can find 11 on his channel.

·
Registered
184 Posts
He did mention getting the paper template from another guy doing the swap but that guy also replaced both quarters on a damaged car.

·
Registered
211 Posts
He did mention getting the paper template from another guy doing the swap but that guy also replaced both quarters on a damaged car.
like I said... I've been watching the videos... I saw he did not cut nor did he mention cutting it.. which is why i posted that I am anxious to see what comes of it seeing how MY fenders are clearanced from dodge.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is a bolt on kit I decided to mold them on to give it more of an actual wide body or at least a factory wide body, I don’t have anything to extend the wheels suspension wise so I’ve got 2 inch spacers in the front and 2.5 in the back, just need to finish fabricating lower pieces and install those to be ready to paint

·
Registered
211 Posts
This is a bolt on kit I decided to mold them on to give it more of an actual wide body or at least a factory wide body, I don’t have anything to extend the wheels suspension wise so I’ve got 2 inch spacers in the front and 2.5 in the back, just need to finish fabricating lower pieces and install those to be ready to paint View attachment 980625 View attachment 980626
looks smooth, cant wait to see it painted (y)

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
This is a bolt on kit I decided to mold them on to give it more of an actual wide body or at least a factory wide body, I don’t have anything to extend the wheels suspension wise so I’ve got 2 inch spacers in the front and 2.5 in the back, just need to finish fabricating lower pieces and install those to be ready to paint View attachment 980625 View attachment 980626
That looks MUCH better then the current wide body IMO! I'm not a fan of the WB slap on flares. I think it should flow from the car and not look so much like a bolt on IMO!

This is what I would like the new WB to look like. Very clean looking. I think you're on the right track and looking forward to seeing it painted.

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
That looks MUCH better then the current wide body IMO! I'm not a fan of the WB slap on flares. I think it should flow from the car and not look so much like a bolt on IMO!

This is what I would like the new WB to look like. Very clean looking. I think you're on the right track and looking forward to seeing it painted.
View attachment 980640
Although I do not care for Wide Body cars, factory or Aftermarket, yes, your example looks best but for the factory to stamp different fenders and quarters for the same car would be expensive, although they probably already do because of the holes required, unless that is the same die at the stamping plant and the punches for the holes can be turned on/off.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Nice! What bolt-on kit did you use? How was the fit when installed normally before you molded it?

It's going to look really cool when done, but damn is it going to be expensive since you have to repaint so much of the car.

Really interested to see the final result though!

21 - 32 of 32 Posts