Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2017 SXT + Blacktop Edition
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to put fender flares on my SXT, will they fit or work? And if so are they easy to put on?

Dawn

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
These the ones you looking at...

You will need to paint them and get the correct front side marker lights... The one drawback that the stock rims won't like right cause they will be drawn in with the flares.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
These the ones you looking at...

You will need to paint them and get the correct front side marker lights... The one drawback that the stock rims won't like right cause they will be drawn in with the flares.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I think I'll just save the $$ and hassle and not do the flares... :(

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
You could always get spacers to push the wheels out further (or better yet, just buy wheels with a lower offset), but those fender flares are just such an "unknown". While I think they would look good if they work right, by the time you paint them and have them installed, you're spending $1k+ - and I've seen issues where they just don't stay put very well (at least the ones I've seen are held on partially with tape - and it doesn't seem to hold very well)...

Just too much $$$ to invest in something that you're not 100% will stay put over time...

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
To me, those "Lil Devils" are just too small. They add very little to the overall look of the car - especially for the price.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You could always get spacers to push the wheels out further (or better yet, just buy wheels with a lower offset), but those fender flares are just such an "unknown". While I think they would look good if they work right, by the time you paint them and have them installed, you're spending $1k+ - and I've seen issues where they just don't stay put very well (at least the ones I've seen are held on partially with tape - and it doesn't seem to hold very well)...

Just too much $$$ to invest in something that you're not 100% will stay put over time...

I agree... I'm not going to do it ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts