Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I'm looking at possibly getting a FF RTC and I was wondering your impressions. The good the bad be honest. Also if you have any info on the best deal you've seen of a FF RTC I'd appreciate it.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Its got be "Love at first site" with that color, i though i was going to want one until i seen a new one at the State Fair this year.. Not the color i thought it would be in person.

To each their on, i don't think any of these colors are going to out sale the other until 30 years from now.

Get what you want, not what we think

·
Registered
79 Posts
I love the car and the color. I would only buy one with a white interior. But that's just me. Some people hate the FF color and hate the white seats. Some dealers want list, some want over list and some will discount. I drove three states for mine and ended up getting the car for under the dealers cost.Every were I go people comment on the car and color. I never had anyone say they didn't love the car or color. FF will change color in different light.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Its got be "Love at first site" with that color, i though i was going to want one until i seen a new one at the State Fair this year.. Not the color i thought it would be in person.
Yep...I didn't like the colo(u)r either under neon lighting...but that's not where most cars live...I really like it in natural light, and absolutely love it in bright cloudless sunshine.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks

I definitly fall into the love at first sight category. To me the white stripes and white interior is what really sets this cars off. I can't see me getting a FF car without the white. Have any of y'all had any problems with the white interior though? I know some white sets tend to be dyed extremely easily by blue jeans etc.:scratchhead:

·
Registered
711 Posts
I'm coming around on the color I think what is really throwing me off is the following:

on the R/T - the white classic stripe doesn't do the car justice IMO, but does give it that heritage look. I'm just not a big fan of the stripe.

on the SRT's - the rim scheme, why didn't they just leave the rim stock like all the original SRT's, IMO would have looked WAY better, the black pockets make the spokes look skinnier and not very appealing to the car.

these are only my opinions, I don't hate the car in anyway, just little options. If I were to buy a FF today, I'd opt for the stripe delete and ask to swap SRT rims or orginal silver ones.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Love the color and like it more and more every time I look at it. Especially on a nice sunny day. Ordered mine with white interior and white R/T stripes. Absolutely love the combo and the classic look it gives.

I agree with X's Revenge about the SRT rims. That's the main thing that kept me from ordering the SRT. I think they make the car look mean as hell but I prefer the heritage look the R/T Classic has.

The white seats do get dyed easily from blue jeans or dark dress pants. I don't drive the car near enough to worry about it though. The dealership claims to have a good cleaner that will do wonders for the white seats but I haven't tried it yet. I'll probly give it a shot in the spring. She's away for the winter now. Getting hammered with snow up here for the past week.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I saw one first (FF SRT) in the showroom where I test drove
a fully loaded R/T and the SRT both 6 spds in black and was actually
going back and forth on which black car to buy - thought the
FF with white interior beautiful (in theory) but not for me.
(Showroom car was auto too and I definitely wanted the 6 spd.)

Another dealer had the FF SRT in manual and motivated to discount
car mainly due to the time of year. He had most other colors all in
auto, so they weren't on my list.

The color did grow on me and so I bought it about a month ago and
no regrets at all. I took another look at a Plum Crazy SRT I had considered
at another dealer that wasn't at the time being discounted as much that is still on
his lot, along with two black SRT's. I think discounts possible now.
I had thought I'd be equally happy with Plum Crazy, but right now I'm thinking I prefer the Fuschia.

The white interior is going to be a challenge to maintain pristine, but
I'll certainly try.

Be prepared for a lot of gawkers/ photographers. I had one woman driving
on the freeway at 70 mph beside me taking a photo while driving.

I do think the SRT hood graphic is more to my liking than the white R/T
stripes on this color.

Hey, take your time and mull it over and make YOURSELF not someone
else happy with your color choice. There seem to be 2010's in almost
every color to be had at a discount most areas.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I saw this color in March of 2010 on the Chrysler web site and thought WOW that is a very bright Pink. I thought I could probably get use to the color and ordered it and when I reciecved the car Sept 20 I was glad I went with the FF color. Its not that pink and as stated earlier it changes color depending on the lighting. The car gets lots of gawkers and no one has said to my face they hate the color. I also love the white interior just the fact that its different I know how to keep them clean so not worried about blue jean dye, also love the wheels it just makes the car stand out even more. My wife was'nt to happy when I told her I ordered this car but once she saw it she could see why I wanted it. Its Different and thats what I wanted. Good Luck in whatever decission you make. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Got mine in late October. Absolutely love it so far. Mine has black stripes and gray leather interior and is a 6-spd. Local dealer has another one now with white stripes and white interior, automatic. As others have posted, color is NOT for everyone, but it does get noticed and I've received several comments and questions about color of it. Weather has turned south here in OH so it'll be a long winter before it sees the road again.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Forgot to add, local dealer did not want to deal too much when it first came in, but they did come around and did deal on it some. I'm sure they don't like having these sitting around too long.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Yep...I didn't like the colo(u)r either under neon lighting...but that's not where most cars live...I really like it in natural light, and absolutely love it in bright cloudless sunshine.
I'm sure you are right on the indoor lighting, hope to see yours one day in person at a car get together... i see your in Texas too.

Have fun down that way!

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't have on (B5 classic here) but I just had to say hi to a fellow Indy Ram owner. Do I recognize you from the old Indyram.org site?
Yeah you've probably talked to Dad more than me though since I was only 9 when we got his. You might recongize that my truck was Mark's:browsmiley:.

Here's a few pics if you want I have more available of the other 3.

Garages > ND_RAM's Garage - FQuick.com

Thanks guys for all the responses. I talked to the sales rep saturday and told him I was not going to pay a $2000 dealer add on. When they drop that then we can talk but till then I walk.:fight: He said that I was the on the top of his list once it's gone...but he is still a salesman soo... This same dealership back in 08 put a $70k pricetag on their first Challenger in order to use it as advertising for 4 months and the sales rep admitted the same thing was done with this car, straight out of his mouth. Anyway as soon it's gone we're on to the numbers game.:thumbsup:

Oh yeah it is inside the showroom and it still looks beautiful IMO. They have a big white bow on it too so when my fiance saw it (I dragged her on our way to the car club meeting) I told her Merry Christmas...to me. The doctor says my ribs will be fine soon.:fight:

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
There was another FF thread a week or so ago with a link to a NC dealer that was selling it for $4k off MSRP. I think that was an SRT. I think I also saw an R/T for $4k off for around $37k. Don't know if I could find it again. First you need to get your options nailed down. The SRTs seem to be 6 speeds and I see a lot of R/Ts with automatics. Find the setup you want and don't compromise over a few grand and get the wrong transmission. My local deal got their one and only one in at the end of the shipments and promptly screwed the front license plate frame on.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
There was another FF thread a week or so ago with a link to a NC dealer that was selling it for $4k off MSRP. I think that was an SRT. I think I also saw an R/T for $4k off for around $37k. Don't know if I could find it again. First you need to get your options nailed down. The SRTs seem to be 6 speeds and I see a lot of R/Ts with automatics. Find the setup you want and don't compromise over a few grand and get the wrong transmission. My local deal got their one and only one in at the end of the shipments and promptly screwed the front license plate frame on.
An SRT is out of my budget right now. The one I am looking at is THE car I want. It is a 6-spd car, w/o sunroof, no nav, white int., white stripes. Right now it is "on sale" for $35,500 with the $3500 in rebates on a $36+ sticker.:scratchhead: When the add on is gone I think I will have driven myself crazy waiting. I was actually getting frustrated with people wanting to lean on it in the dealership and not getting mad and telling them not to. My fiance thought it was hilarious because she knew it was bothering me and it's not even my car. :disgust:

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
I hope it all works out for you. However, someone with more disposable income than you just might come along and snap it up. Looks like that one is one of those hard to find FF cars w/o a sunroof and a six speed. The only problem a dealer has over you is that there is an infinite number of them and that's it.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
True but there is one in Ga for 30,5XX that is the exact same car but without the white int. That's the only option it's lacking compared with this one.

·
Registered
65 Posts
We bought our late November and drove 2 hours to get it. We got it $3500 below sticker including rebates. My Wife absolutely loves the car and we had a party in the garage a couple of weeks ago and all my car buddies and their wives loved the color.
I think the white stripes and white interior really make the car POP.
A Mustang buddy of mine thought we bought a used car someone had customized. He could not believe the car looked so good from the factory.

The only changes planned are ceramic brake pads, Eibach lowering springs, and hood struts.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts