Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished this enclosure some time ago. Everything was done with supplies from Walmart and Home Depot. I've always wanted to build one but time always prevented it. Now that I work at home I figured I'd get rid of my QLogic box that housed my 12" shallow mount Excelon sub. Took me about two weeks of maybe 2-3hoursof per day working on it. I had a pre-existing 5 channel pioneer amp pushing the Excelon KFCX6903c set. Came across a Massive Audio DSP with 8 channel out. The front stage sounds great, although not completely dialed in. There's a hum which may be the DSP or the Stinger 4000 RCA's. Overall I'm happy for now.

Trunk Vehicle Car Automotive exterior
Audio equipment Subwoofer Technology Vehicle Car
Trunk Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Subwoofer

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
9,433 Posts
Looks pretty good, but I wish you would have taken some pics along the way to document the labor involved and then created a thread with the details. That’s certainly not something I personally would attempt without some example pics of what to do and how to do it. As a carpenter/fabricator, I make a great software engineer!🤨

Reactions: FreddyG

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I realized during a few earlier projects that I forget to document the processes. There may be a mental block against stopping the work to take pictures. Honestly I just watched some Youtube videos and few how to articles.

Fiberglass resin and mat is nasty stuff though. I actually did the whole thing without gloves or a respirator, which were never in stock anywhere due to covid. Wouldn’t try that again though. Large trash bags and masking tape protected the areas I didn’t want to ruin with resin. I’ll likely do some a pillar tweeter pods next so I can have a full active front stage.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Wow - that looks great! Nice job! I’ve never messed with fiberglass but I’d like to try. Like you, I’d like to try to build some tweeter pods.

My local shop build these mounts in the factory location so I could run active 3-way up front-

but I really like the idea of building some pods and getting the tweeters off of the windshield - plus I think it would be a fun project.

If you launch off on a pod project post some pics for us along the way! I’d love to see what you come up with.

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
3,596 Posts
Just finished this enclosure some time ago. Everything was done with supplies from Walmart and Home Depot. I've always wanted to build one but time always prevented it. Now that I work at home I figured I'd get rid of my QLogic box that housed my 12" shallow mount Excelon sub. Took me about two weeks of maybe 2-3hoursof per day working on it. I had a pre-existing 5 channel pioneer amp pushing the Excelon KFCX6903c set. Came across a Massive Audio DSP with 8 channel out. The front stage sounds great, although not completely dialed in. There's a hum which may be the DSP or the Stinger 4000 RCA's. Overall I'm happy for now.

View attachment 1004127 View attachment 1004128 View attachment 1004129
I think that you did a Great job, especially for never doing it before.

I'd like to do something like that for Ruby if I ever decide to install an Airlift 3H suspension because I'd like to put it where the spare tire goes. I have the Harmon Kardon audio and the sub is there now, but if I'd make something like you did, I could put the air tank and compressors in there to hide them.

Nice job!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts