Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a Mopar head from long ago (Had '68 and a 74 SE Chargers) I had to let you folks know about an event I'm helping put together...

I work at Newsday and am part of the team creating a car show & festival at our HQ on May 14th.

We're looking to grab everyone in the hobby:
The antiques
The Muscle cars
The Rat Rods
even the Euro Sport/Tuner guys and gals.

Of course we are looking to the hottest, cleanest, most radical and best that the Island has to offer.

Here's a link to our page - it was just posted so details on it are sketchy - please check it regularly as advance registration will be required and space is limited.

Field of Wheels

So far what the day will offer includes:
Military display from the American Air Power Museum
TV/Movie Cras
Live music and Dj'd Music (Not strictly doo-wop/50's)
Venders
A Chrysler Drive event where you can test drive a bunch of their new cars
a Childrens area.

We're even working with the Boys Scouts to run a
Pine-wood derby (remember those?).

...and, of course...more...

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
ugh....why couldn't this be the week before or after? i live in Melville and would love to do this show, but my car was invited to be in the Modern Muscle Display at Carlisle that weekend.

on a sidenote, who would i have to talk to about having my car featured in the Rides/Wheels section of Newsday?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ugh....why couldn't this be the week before or after? i live in Melville and would love to do this show, but my car was invited to be in the Modern Muscle Display at Carlisle that weekend.

on a sidenote, who would i have to talk to about having my car featured in the Rides/Wheels section of Newsday?

Well, CONGRATS on the invite! Carlisle is a terrific venue and I'm sure you'll have a great weekend there.

To be featured in our "In the Garage" column (Runs on Friday's) - send your info to: [email protected].

Be sure to include a Jpg of your car (at least 200 DPI) and answer these standard questions:

The Car and It's Owner
What Makes it Interesting
How long you've owned it
Where you found it
Condition
Tips for Owners
Value
Personal comments

As far as our show on May 15th - we still have some vender spots open if anyone has a business that wants to promote....shoot me a note thru this site and I'll get you info

1 - 3 of 3 Posts