Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This should spark some conversation:

Registered
2015 Challenger RT/STP A8
Thanks for sharing that video spoolboy! That was very informative!

I will continue using Wix filters馃憤

Banned
I am not surprised that KN performed better on the performance side and air flow cus it鈥檚 the least restrictive and cus it鈥檚 the least restrictive that allows more air hence it looses on the particle filtration test,

I鈥檓 not surprised the WIX was a little slower on the air flow close enough to the KN but since a little more restrictive it filter particles better

I鈥檓 using the KN cus it came for free with my SRT airbox but as soon it鈥檚 time to change it I will be using a Mahle LX 3482 which should Perform like or better than the WIX which is a good balance, yes you may lose a tenth or 2 to the KN but I am willing to do that to keep my engine clean with better filtration

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
The question that hasn't been answered, is what is an acceptable amount of what size and type of particles and for how many miles?

We ran an Iceman intake with K&N cone filters (cleaned semi-regularly and filter replaced once) for over 250,000 miles on a 2.0 Neon R/T. And while it did eventually use (and leak) a little oil, it still had good compression at over 300,000 miles on the original engine.

This car was driven somewhat aggressively for it's entire life. So I have my doubts for gasoline/spark ignited engines needing immaculate filtration.

What happens when filter AREA increases, as is often the case when changing a panel type filter to a round cone type?
What effects do time and the amount of oil and debris on the filter have on flow and filtering?

How about the relationship of oil contamination, filtration, and change intervals when considering air filter performance?

Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This car had the 7500rpm Mopar PCM for 90% of it's life as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts