Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All....well we FINALLY picked up our widebody HC last nite...what an ordeal...it was being held captive at the rail yard pending Chrysler ordered inspection and predealer delivery cleaning...well..it was unloaded on 4/3..sat there in "inspection mode" for a week...I started lighting fires after that week went by...finally with the dealership efforts and the good graces of the gal at the rail yard who schedules, calls were made by them to Chrysler to get them to release the car without waiting for the cleaning....it arrived at the dealership on Tuesday of this week....and during the pdi, the tech found a slit in the sidewall of one of the tires down to the cord...obviously from either the rail car or car transporter...well...the HC has Pirelli Pzeros on it ..no problem...except the HC tires arent sold by anyone..for some reason they come with M+S compound tires and not XL tires....NONE OF THE DEALERS ON THE NATIONWIDE SUPPLY SYSTEM HAD ONE IN INVENTORY...so calls were made directly to Pirelli..who shipped on out of their west coast warehouse....tire came in yesterday, pdi finished..took delivery....very pleased with the car!! As an aside, the scheduler at the rail yard said that the car would have stat there maybe two more weeks if we didnt push it!!!

Question....the black satin hood......there is a care pamphlet when you get the hood as to what you can do to it..washing and care wise...and what you cant do...I could see if the satin was flat like people who flat black their entire car...but this one has sheen to it....any issues washing it the old fashioned way..ie, with the rest of the car? if you read the brochure it sounds like it isnt really washable in the usual way...any insight into this?

thanks...will put up a new pic when I take one!!

·
Premium Member
1,292 Posts
BLACK HOOD and SPOILER

Hi All....well we FINALLY picked up our widebody HC last nite...what an ordeal...it was being held captive at the rail yard pending Chrysler ordered inspection and predealer delivery cleaning...well..it was unloaded on 4/3..sat there in "inspection mode" for a week...I started lighting fires after that week went by...finally with the dealership efforts and the good graces of the gal at the rail yard who schedules, calls were made by them to Chrysler to get them to release the car without waiting for the cleaning....it arrived at the dealership on Tuesday of this week....and during the pdi, the tech found a slit in the sidewall of one of the tires down to the cord...obviously from either the rail car or car transporter...well...the HC has Pirelli Pzeros on it ..no problem...except the HC tires arent sold by anyone..for some reason they come with M+S compound tires and not XL tires....NONE OF THE DEALERS ON THE NATIONWIDE SUPPLY SYSTEM HAD ONE IN INVENTORY...so calls were made directly to Pirelli..who shipped on out of their west coast warehouse....tire came in yesterday, pdi finished..took delivery....very pleased with the car!! As an aside, the scheduler at the rail yard said that the car would have stat there maybe two more weeks if we didnt push it!!!

Question....the black satin hood......there is a care pamphlet when you get the hood as to what you can do to it..washing and care wise...and what you cant do...I could see if the satin was flat like people who flat black their entire car...but this one has sheen to it....any issues washing it the old fashioned way..ie, with the rest of the car? if you read the brochure it sounds like it isnt really washable in the usual way...any insight into this?

thanks...will put up a new pic when I take one!!

I use Dr.Beasly's, stuff works great,check there site.>:)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,363 Posts
you can use regular car washing products to clean the satin black hood as you would for the conventional (gloss) paint.

You don't use the same polishes or waxes that are intended for satin - it will burnish the paint and you'll end up with uneven results and look "splotchy".

The Dr. Beasley's product is reasonably prices and will last for several weeks between applications.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts