Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I realize the lockpick is a beast and provides a ton of features however many of them I will never use. While installing a amp and subs in the trunk of my 730N system I plan to retain all the factory equipment with the acception of the Kicker 10" sub. So at this point I will need a hi/low converter and while at it I would love the unlock the deck so that I can input street addresses on the fly. So here are my questions/

Is there anything else out there that allows the unlocking of the Nav unit?

Is there an all in one unit other then the lockpick that allow provides a set of RCA's for the addition of a amplifier?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just sent Lockpick an email asking a few questions. If anyone else out there is wondering as well I will post up my results.

I am considering a new Lock Pick MYGIG V5 from Sonicelectronix.com which states they are an authorized dealer. I recently purchased a 2010 Dodge Challenger SRT8 with the 730N unit. I am a little overwhelmed with all of the lock picks features. Here is what I am looking to do will the lock pick be for me?

Make Navigation changes on the fly?

View DVD’s at any time on the head unit?

Install a rear camera and view on my 730N unit?

I am 99.9% positive these are the key features.

Now here are a couple I am hoping it does:

Looking at the diagram of the wiring harness there is a audio and video output for tv’s, etc…. Could I use the Audio outputs for the installation of an aftermarket amplifier. Basicly having the lockpick also act as a hi/low converter. I know the frequency will not be crossed over but I can do that at the amplifier. I am just looking for a sound source.

Acc. 12v power output. Can use this as a remote turn on as well for my amplifier?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great customer service. Here was the reply and it was fast. Sad that the unit doesnt do EVERYTHING I need but nice to know they are customer oriented.

Thanks so much for your inquiry. Unfortunately, the LockPick designed for your particular vehicle does not provide the pre-amp outs needed to address the addition of aftermarket car audio components. I would recommend contacting a reputable car audio shop regarding the issue that you are facing; however, the Coastal Electronics LockPick that is available for your vehicle would unlock the "locked" features of your factory radio. If you have any other questions regarding the LockPick and its functionality, please feel free to contact me at anytime. Thanks again and I look forward to speaking with you

·
Registered
402 Posts
LC2i is the perfect choice along with the lockpick. I would get the bass volume control also it really helps. I have both the LC2i and bass control if you're interested.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I might be interested in the LC2i and we only live about 45 minute from one another. I dont need the bass control. The 1000.1 has its own bass knob and I ran that already. PM sent.

Teddy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts