Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, I think I decided what basic build I want to go with. I just need some input on some of the little extras. I'm thinking the scat pack automatic in octane and the red interior with red calipers, NAV and HK audio. I was also considering Torred, but always wanted a dark red car. I was going to go with the brass monkey package, but decided against it as you have to go with a black interior and it looks like the wheels are more like the 1320's but bronze and not the ones that look like the SRT's had last year. I'm still not sure about the NAV as it sounds like if I got a cell phone, the maps app would actually be better, but then again it has some benefits and I also heard sometimes with certain carriers, you may hit areas that are not covered.

Since this build is quite a bit less than the shaker build I am also thinking about adding some things, but not sure. Maybe the SRT spoiler and engine block heater. The interior package would be nice too, but looks like you can't get that unless you get the cloth seats. I also thought about the rear seat delete option as I don't really need it, but I would at least like to have the seats in case my situation changes in the future. I think the only other options I could get would be sunroof and the hood pins and the lightweight wheels. I've had a sunroof in past and they are nice, but add some weight and in all reality I only used it occasionally. As for the wheels, I like the look of the black noise wheels and the forged ones are no wider so not really worth the extra cost in my opinion. Anything else I'm forgetting?

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Dynamics,plus package, and driver's convenience, but that's me.

·
Registered
15,862 Posts
Sounds pretty nice.

Already have Driver Convenience Group and Plus Package with the Red interior so don't need much more.

I'd stay with the stock spoiler and keep the NAV but might look at the Alpine Audio Group and see how it sounds now compared to the HK. I've got the HK now and it's fine but I had Sound Group II on the 14 and liked it a lot for the price.

Also like the Black Noise wheels too but might ditch the red calipers and pocket the $500, seems like it might clash with the Octane.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
IDK Slidd, I've seen some pics of a car with the red calipers and octane and I thought it looked ok. It does look a little better with torred though, especially an SRT model. I wonder which exterior the ruby red goes best with? I was going to go with the Alpine, but the HK is supposed to be better for bass with the sub and only about 600 more.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Personally, I would only have red interior with the following exterior paints:

Black.
White.
Greys/silvers.
Blue.

That being said, get what YOU like and enjoy it. :smile:

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Personally, I would only have red interior with the following exterior paints:

Black.
White.
Greys/silvers.
Blue.

That being said, get what YOU like and enjoy it. :smile:
Red on Octane Red looks

·
Registered
24 Posts
I started off with a SPWB but my wife actually talked me in to adding the Plus Package and Driver's Convenience (apparently adding the first automatically added the second) and I'm very glad she did. For me, the red calipers on Indigo Blue plus the Scat Pack stripe made the perfect car for me. Just play with the config on the Dodge build site until it's perfect for YOU.

I've read tons of reviews on the sound systems and while I'm not an audiophile, I've seen a ton of great threads in here that made me feel confident in ordering the base system then swapping out the speakers with Infinitys if I'm not thrilled. My mechanic had a Hellcat and didn't mind the base system so I'm going to get the car before ordering replacement speakers. I wanted to keep the stock head unit and go from there since this is my first car I'd rather listen to the engine rather than the stereo. >:)

·
Premium Member
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
284 Posts
Concerning the Alpine vs HK sub. I went w/ Audio Group II (Alpine) but want more bass so I'm about to spend $1500+ (Stealthbox, mono amp, PAC) to get it. Not sure if the HK would have satisfied me, but if so it would have been much cheaper in long run.

·
Registered
15,862 Posts
I like the White or TorRed with the red interior the best and with those colors give me the red calipers.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
It's funny, I don't know why, but my last 3 cars have all been white... The first 2 were white just because they happened to be white (bought used with 19k and 36k miles). But when I was looking for a Challenger, I was really only interested in white - and just happened to find a 2018 White GT (AWD) with 3k miles near me (actually, I saw the car for sale before I even realized I was looking for a Challenger and ended up buying it a few days later).

I have never been a "white car" guy, but for whatever reason, it's grown on me. So has something that I NEVER expected to like - and that is chrome wheels with a white car. Typically, chrome wheels look best on darker cars (in my opinion) - and I never thought they would look so good on a white car, but it turns out that they do - at least if you like chrome wheels. :)

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Ok, after more searching and looking at pics, I think I may ditch the red calipers and add the SRT spoiler if I go with Octane, but now Torred is really growing on me...btw, looks like the incentive went down by at least 500, but they are only up for 3 weeks so I may wait it out in the hopes they go back up. IDK, mid summer they may not.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
You are the most indecisive person...

Concerning the Alpine vs HK sub. I went w/ Audio Group II (Alpine) but want more bass so I'm about to spend $1500+ (Stealthbox, mono amp, PAC) to get it. Not sure if the HK would have satisfied me, but if so it would have been much cheaper in long run.
I did Infiniti replacements on my Alpine II SP, added the Stealthbox, etc. The HK does a better, if not only comparable, job for what is a pittance on a car payment to upgrade while building.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Not trying to be disrespectful Medsport, but you have been going back and forth for at least a year now, constantly changing your mind and second guessing yourself on the exact car or options you want. I honestly think you are over-thinking the whole thing. In other words, the perfect car for you today is unlikely to be the perfect car for you next year - or even next week. Most of the little things you are debating on a daily basis (HK vs Alpine, brake caliper color, Nav vs no Nav, etc) are not going to keep you from enjoying a 392 Challenger no matter what the car ends up having. I love my '18 PCP T/A 392 and have never for one second second guest my purchase decision. That doesn't mean I don't occasionally wish it had a sunroof, or adaptive suspension, or even a different color depending on my mood that day. But when I drive the car and step on the gas, none of those details matter even a little bit. I love my Challenger and you will too - if you ever get the nerve to actually pull the trigger and order/purchase one. At this point, could it be you simply enjoy the process of car researching/shopping more than you actually want to have a new Challenger? ;)

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
His waffling is amazing to me. I can't understand how he can't make up his mind what he wants.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts